Came across this one today in the field, noticed how "faded" the coat looked so i stopped and took a closer look, looked really white to me but not completely white, when she ran across the road i seen the spotted "pie-bald" look on the face, first time i've ever seen it with my own two peepers, cool.

pie1ba8.jpg

pie2gi0.jpg

pie3hu2.jpg

pie4og6.jpg

DAN

Super pics and glad you are a quick shot with the camera.

thanks

yea it was really cool to see that in the wild, of course when she was feeding up to the road in the thick stuff she just took her sweet ol time, then as soon as she hit the road she was across in no time, then once again in the thick back to just relaxing, i tried to get a pic of her and the other doe she was with for comparison, you could really tell the difference, but oh well.

DAN

Here in Maryland I have seen 6 Pie bald deer 3 does myself and the others inclueding an 8 pointer were from friends harvesting them.

That a cool picture , I know it can happen but never thought it with a coues deer.

HERE IS SOMETHING FOR THOUGHT , WHAT ABOUT IN A YEAR OR TWO WHEN SHE HAS OFFSPRING AND IT IS A BUCK

wHAT A FIND THAT WOULD BE. a WHITE OR BIE BALD 110 " COUES BUCK.

A Man can dream Can He.

man when i opened the thread, reading "pie-bald", i thought it was about Jim. Round, pie shaped face and bald or balding head.

Two or three years ago friends in Eagar reported seeing of a small "albino" bull elk near Mexican Hay Lake above my cabin. I went there a couple of times hoping to see it but never did. After that year's hunt someone posted a "hero" photo in a barber shop in Springerville of what must have been that animal. The guy who killed it near Mexican Hay was posing with his "pie-bald" bull. Its coat had more darker areas on it than the whitetail on this thread, though, which made it look more like a "pinto" or "paint" horse. It was the first off-color elk I've heard of in Arizona, although I'm sure it does occur infrequently.

Bill Quimby

Two or three years ago friends in Eagar reported seeing of a small "albino" bull elk near Mexican Hay Lake above my cabin. I went there a couple of times hoping to see it but never did. After that year's hunt someone posted a "hero" photo in a barber shop in Springerville of what must have been that animal. The guy who killed it near Mexican Hay was posing with his "pie-bald" bull. Its coat had more darker areas on it than the whitetail on this thread, though, which made it look more like a "pinto" or "paint" horse. It was the first off-color elk I've heard of in Arizona, although I'm sure it does occur infrequently.

Bill Quimby

That would be an awesome sight to see. The only offcolor animal I have seen was a fox in 20c. It was almost 100% white except for its muzzle which was a dark gray. Wish I would have known more about wildlife 7 years ago.

There were a ton of rumors flyin' around about a 6X6 bull in Unit 10 last year that was full albino........kinda wierd though.......never heard of a bull of any size like that on the previous years.........maybe the MotherShip descended upon Unit 10 and beamed him down to earth.........maybe he's an alien-elk!? :lol: :P