Maverick351

javelina meat

Since I saw another thread on this it caught my attention. Any of you hunters out there who are getting a javelina or who have a javelina who are looking to get rid of it please contact me and let me know either through the Website or through private message. I never realized how many people out there will not eat these but myself and my family absolutely love these and would love to have more.

Where are you located? If I get one during the rifle hunt you can have mine. I'm in Queen Creek.

Adam

Maverick, let us share the bounty of our brothers.

• Like 1

Well I figured after seeing another thread offering to give one away it reminded me of a customer I had in the shop who told me he and his family always tag out and none of them will use it so they simply throw it away. To me that's such a waste.

• Like 3

Not only is it a waste, but it is also a direct violation of printed hunting regulations --the wanton waste of big game meat.

• Like 7

Well I figured after seeing another thread offering to give one away it reminded me of a customer I had in the shop who told me he and his family always tag out and none of them will use it so they simply throw it away. To me that's such a waste.

Thats why I dont hunt them. Killem and throw the meat is b.s. and illegal.

• Like 1

Good thread. No reason to waste. As said above. Hunting them and throwing the meat away is total disrespect to our natural resources.

No reason to waste just jerky it if you don't like the natural taste. But if someone wants it real bad and I already enough jerky I don't see a problem. There must be a reason why you want this meat. I have never eatin javalina but most people say it's gross. So what's you secret? Is it your preparation or do you just like the Plane-O meat of it?

Brother in law told me he cooked it in a crock pot with seasoning then shredded it up and was to die for. Its all about the cooked. Great offer, we got 6 ham tags, never no might have extra

Well for one my wife is an incredible cook. We have fixed javelina for several friends who positive how bad these animals taste but they don't know they had it till we tell them. Two it's been a slow year as between not much time to hunt and kids battling the wife and I haven't tagged out so no meat yet. The whole family loves the meat. Not trying to get pity by any means as I for sure don't want that. But figured if there are those who don't want it I might as well offer to take it.

Thats why I dont hunt them. Killem and throw the meat is b.s. and illegal.

Not true! While I agree it is unethical, it is not illegal. When I killed my bear last August everyone kept asking me if I was going to eat it. I thought that was a weird question to ask because I assumed that you can't throw it out (I planned to eat it). When I checked my bear in, I asked the G&F officer what the rule is on wasting game meat, and he explained to me that you must remove all the meat from the field, but once you get home you can do with it as you please. So to clarify I asked him if it would be legal if I shot an elk, then took it home and threw it in my garbage can and he said it was.

• Like 1

I can understand that sometimes meat is in the freezer to long, and thrown to the dogs, but straight to the garbage is certianly unethical. If that is the written legality, I can understand that too, you cant police people 24/7.