More D

crash

I suspect that more than a few of you have also had the misfortune as I did last Sunday. I was rear ended while stopped at a light. Fortunately by the grace of God no one in my family was injured other than general neck and back soreness ( I hope )!

I was hit by a POS driving a POS. He looked to be high / drunk etc and fled right after the crash only taking time to grab two backpacks out of the his car.

I have contacted my insurance company, no word on the other vehicles insurance but I am not holding my breath, and I am waiting for the adjuster call for repairshop etc. From the pictures my truck does not look too bad compared to the car. My concern is that the bed is bowed from front to back which to me might equal "frame damage". I have heard that some insurance companies will total the vehicle in such cases.

should I remove my stereo system, I have all the factory stuff.

post-52-0-48019500-1422389787_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-40048600-1422389869_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-43973100-1422389898_thumb.jpg

Remove anything worth anything. With out knowing the law, I would suggest getting the truck as close to factory as possible. Wheels, system, tuner/programmer etc.

• Like 1

I had a very minor rear end collision on my toyota tacoma. It was maybe 5 months old when it happened. My bumper was bent down in the rear and bed was slightly bowed. They were going to just "pull" the frame to straighten but I said I would not accept that. They did not total the vehicle but ended up replacing the entire frame and bed. Total repair damage came to $21000 but they would not total it as the value of the the vehicle was still high enough that the damage was not above 70% of the total vehicle value. I was within like 1% of it just being totaled.

That David stinks but I'm glad you and your family are ok. I hope the Cops nail his butt good. Didn't you just get this truck last year?

October of 2013. It has just 19k miles. I am pretty bummed. But I feel really lucky that I can feel that way because we all are alright.

Thanks for the replys.

I will keep a close eye on the dealer and hand less the repairs.

That sucks man, I just met you last Friday and that truck is sweet! Glad to hear that everyone's ok.

No joke. We were rear ended not 300 yards away from where we met up.

Thanks

What really sucks is now it counts as a claim against you and your rates are going to go up. My truck was stolen, then they joyrode in it then burned it. They're in jail but I took the hit on my insurance.

Sorry about your truck, but very glad everyone is okay!

Hope they catch that jack wagon

I am so glad your family is OK. Not to make this trivial, but think about this...

The wrong-way driver on I-17 yesterday morning hit and killed a lady. She was a friend of my older daughter. 25 years old with a husband and two kids, one only 4 months old.

"But for the grace of God, go I" comes to mind.

I hope you are all still feeling well, and I thank God it was not worse. Material items can be replaced. Lives and health cannot.

• Like 1

So true.

Thank You Sir!

More D