GRONG

It's all about the orange shirt!!!!!!

Thought you all would like to see me in my orange shirt once again.

Littlebear and I went met out in the woods today to try our luck at finding the match to that bruiser NT coues shed he and his sister's boyfriend found a couple weeks ago. About 45 minutes into many zigs and zags on a ridge and I found a match to a nice brown shed that I had found last year when Andy I were hiking around. This shed was about 1/3 of a mile or so from where I found the other one.

As it lay......

post-3-1175489501_thumb.jpg

post-3-1175489549_thumb.jpg

Here's the one I found today and the mate I found last year (just happened to have it in the truck with me, call it destiny!)

post-3-1175489626_thumb.jpg

post-3-1175489664_thumb.jpg

Here's the link to when Andy and I found the match last year. http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=3283

The smaller shed is one Andy found a couple weeks ago that is off of this same buck.

post-3-1175489757_thumb.jpg

This all 4 sheds we pulled off this one ridge. We just couldn't come up with the match to the monster though.

post-3-1175489822_thumb.jpg

On the drive home I thought a couple bucks that were killed in this unit this past December. Got home and confirmed that both of these bucks were killed by two friends during the rifle hunt! OUCH!!!!!! Here we thought we had a couple of great bucks to salt and get some summer trail cam pics of and then WHAM! ...our dreams were shattered! That's just my luck! At least we got a piece of these two great deer anyway. I'll ask for permission to post pics of the 2 bucks and I'll get them on here soon as I can.

Great job! That is a nice set you have there now. What is that hiding in the second picture? Looks like a nice brown elk antler.

Great finds...It looks like the $5,000 finally paid off, I know you didn't find them all by yourself.. :lol:

That monster shed is unbelievable, what did you tape it at?

Mike, I measured the big NT shed at 49", it's all mass! Pretty cool. Oh, my dog just walked past it, sniffing it as he passed but didn't even miss a stride. Loser.......

Christian, That elk antler is a small 5pt.

Nice finds Josh! You rock! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I don't even think I own an orange shirt...guess no Club Gitmo for me....you crack me up!

Amanda

Sweet finds Josh. Thanks for posting the pictures and story. Too bad that both bucks have been taken allready. I was really looking forward to some trail cam pictures of those bucks.

Phil

I even put an orange shirt on this weekend while shed hunting, but it didn't work. I could tell by the quad tracks that there had already been alot of guys in the area. Nice finds Josh. David

You Da Man Josh

Great finds

I zipped this weekend but got to hike a ridge I have wanted to for years

Got excited for a while when I found a elk leg

After about 10 min. of searching finaly found the head.

Just a cow :(

Had this girl at about 25 yards for about 2 minutes

She was very calm and finaly gave me a little quarter wave and calmly walked away

post-1778-1175524232_thumb.jpg

Nice finds Josh! You rock! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I don't even think I own an orange shirt...guess no Club Gitmo for me....you crack me up!

Amanda

Hey Amanda,

How about orange CWT.Com T shirts :unsure:

Maybe with GRONG on the pocket :lol:

Mike

Well, I like the idea of orange CW.com tshirts, but I don't know about GRONG! And I sure as heck am not putting his ugly avatar on those shirts!! Everytime I look at that ugly picture I think you are going to start smoking a joint and singing an Elton John song (those shades have to go!) :lol:

Amanda

Holy smokes, Grong...................those sheds look a little familiar.

I know I have about as much of a chance at getting a honest answer on where you guys found those sheds as you would on where we shot those deer (if they are the same deer me and Highcountrycouse shot).

I'd like to think those are different deer..........that way we could hunt them this winter.

Congrats on the find.................do you know how many inches that heavy horn is?

Never mind, guess I should read all the posts before I ask questions.

Nice sheds for sure Josh! Have to agree with Amanda except it probably would not be elton john, but more like pink floyd.

Oh man! All your guys' posts crack me UP!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Amanda if you made up some orange shirts I'd buy 5 of them and wear them all dang week long! HAHAHA!!! Gotta have the GRONG logo on the pocket though otherwise no deal! heck, better yet, have my avatar picture on the back and coueswhitetail.com on the pocket. HA!!!!!!

"Holy smokes, Grong...................those sheds look a little familiar.

I know I have about as much of a chance at getting a honest answer on where you guys found those sheds as you would on where we shot those deer (if they are the same deer me and Highcountrycouse shot).

I'd like to think those are different deer..........that way we could hunt them this winter."

Muleybull, after leaving PT's house tonight and takin pics and comparing that big NT shed with the pics of your buck there is no doubt in my mind that it's a shed off your buck. I'll get the pics of my sheds and PT's buck on here soon as I can too, probably Wednesday night. Since it really doesn't matter where you killed your deer, cause they're dead, not sure I'll divulge where the sheds came from. Which is probably lame of me to even say since I'd bet money that they all came within less than a half mile of eachother. It'd be awesome to get pics of your rack and the shed together one of these days, then we talk specifics.