Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Turkey Taxidermist?

I've been doing some looking around for a good turkey taxidermist and figured I'd ask for everyone's opinions. If you have any recommendations and pictures of their work I'd appreciate it. I have found a few that do really good work but they are all out of state and would like to keep it local if possible, if out of state is the best then I'm not opposed to shipping either though.

Thanks in advance!

Sven Eberson, he's out of Glendale. He specializes in birds and does some small game mounts. He has done a few turkeys for my family, as well as many ducks. He is great at what he does.

http://wildlifewings.com/Studio.html

Big +1.

He did 3 ducks and 1 goose for me, all excellent work, great guy.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/53269-last-years-mounted-waterfowl/

Many turkeys in his studio as well but unfortunately don't have a pic of them.

Ive put lots of pic on here, ask mrs125coues how her goulds came out this year.

go down about 5 posts to goulds gobblers and hens for pic

• Like 1

I would use tomgobbler does great work and goes out of his way to get your bird and get it back to you .

I think Hazel Creek in Missouri is considered one of the best in the country. Cally Morris.

Sven at Wildlife Wings Design, he's the best and a really nice guy to boot. He'll definitely work with you on any issue. Here's a few he's done for me. He's done several more, plus still has one he's working on.

My Goulds

post-736-0-84283600-1421098583_thumb.jpg

My first Apache bird

post-736-0-02291400-1421098661.jpg

My second Apache bird

post-736-0-43995500-1421098790_thumb.jpg

My first New Mexico bird

post-736-0-93518800-1421099280_thumb.jpg

Sven is by far the best for birds in this state! he keeps live turkeys at his house, along with other live birds, just to study. do your self a favor and go by to visit. awesome guy! he mounted my Goulds on the left and Hazel Creek did my eastern on the right. you wont be sorry if you use him.

post-8755-0-83201300-1421111856_thumb.jpeg

I had Tomgobbler do my New Mexico Goulds Turkey, he posted lots of Pictures on here, that is why I chose him. My bird came out beautiful. And Tom is truly a great person to work with. And I got mine back before my husband did, even though he turned his in 1 year earlier than me :rolleyes:

Ditto on Sven! He is a bird fanatic! He has downsized his collection, but at one time he had hundreds of different live birds in his backyard. All he does are birds, and no one does a turkey as well as Sven. His number is 623-451-7836.

Mark

My 35 a goulds is done got the call from sven few days before Christmas so about 8 months I think that's a pretty good turn around. Only bad thing is have to wait till taxes to pick up lol