MULEPACKHUNTER

3rd choice draw chances

I know we beat this stuff to death but if I have a 90 percent draw odd pick as my 3rd choice what kind of chance to draw is there? My first 2 are low odds like 20 percent. I have 5 points

With 5 pts you will either get lucky and draw your first or second choice. I am sure some on here will call bull chit , but I have been putting 2 bull hunts for #1 and #2 for about 7 years. The reason being , juniors.

I have never put my boys in for jr. Elk. My oldest son is (17) and has had 4 cow tags and one bull tag. My younger son (13) has had two cow tags. Of course I have had a mix of the tags too. I have never drawn a third choice tag, but I am having trouble counting how many 4th choice. I was surprised with 4th choice but it happens, and for me alot. :)

Sorry to much football or cervesa.

The draw odds are for 1st and 2nd choice, meaning the ones from g+f. If you go with 3rd choice at 90 % with 5 bonus points you are probably gonna get it. Unless you get lucky and draw 1 or 2

A family member of mine drew his fifth choice a couple years back. The 1-2 odds for the hunt were 70% so there is always that chance. Kinda like drawing a sheep tag ...

This will be the year of some units moving into the third choice bracket with g&f increasing tags in some units. I have drawn the multi unit tags on 4th and 5th choice. But i will not be putting in for it this year. Not a bad hunt but with five weeks to hunt it can get expensive if you end up hunting the whole season lol! Lots of elk but they are always on the move. Im planning on putting in for 1st and 2nd and if i dont get hit im going to Utah for an otc hunt. Elk populations are booming there compared to az.

This will be the year of some units moving into the third choice bracket with g&f increasing tags in some units. I have drawn the multi unit tags on 4th and 5th choice. But i will not be putting in for it this year. Not a bad hunt but with five weeks to hunt it can get expensive if you end up hunting the whole season lol! Lots of elk but they are always on the move. Im planning on putting in for 1st and 2nd and if i dont get hit im going to Utah for an otc hunt. Elk populations are booming there compared to az.

There are a handful of limited opp hunts that can be drawn as a 3rd - 5th choice. Outside of that, its pretty slim pickens.

The number of elk tags this year in AZ is 385 less than it was last year. With a record number of applicants last year, and a reduced number of tags this year, its going to be tougher than ever to get tags, but if, you want to hunt elk, there are plenty of options that provide you with that option every single year.

There are a handful of limited opp hunts that can be drawn as a 3rd - 5th choice. Outside of that, its pretty slim pickens.

The number of elk tags this year in AZ is 385 less than it was last year. With a record number of applicants last year, and a reduced number of tags this year, its going to be tougher than ever to get tags, but if, you want to hunt elk, there are plenty of options that provide you with that option every single year.

Yes I am thinking I should put what would be my second choice as my first choice. This is going to be the first time my son can put in for elk so as long as i can get him a cow tag i dont mind the butcher job they did to the permit numbers. Good luck everyone!!

Hey now, don't try to be an "elitist" and confuse people with things like facts and data. It gets in the way of complaining and good hearsay.

I guess I should have put 5 choices. I just put the first 2 for elk and pronghorn. I'll put all 5 down in the future.