SwampMafia

Draw conspiracy theories

I've been incredibly blessed by the draw. Some years I waited my turn for good hunts like everyone else. Others drawings have stood the odds on their heads. I drew Sheep and Pronghorn in the same year (2010) with 8 bonus points for each of those. I drew Unit 1 Bull Elk with only 4 bonus points in 2012. In 2012 I also drew Archery Pronghorn. In 2013 with only 2 bonus points I drew 23N early antlerless elk. 2014 I didn't draw anything. We'll see how 2015 goes but I have a fair number of deer points and hope to have at least one good hunt this year.

The draw works just the way it says it does in the regs. Don't believe the hype!

• Like 1

Here's one. I've been blacklisted by all states drawings and will never draw s decent tag again because I won the commissioners tag a few years back.

Im thinking I just plain used up all my luck.

what tag was that? story time?

For Coues several years back. I hunted with Duwane Adams and had the pleasure of meeting his son Luke and several other guides. I didn't have a lot of time and was going through a divorce. They worked hard and made it an awesome experience. I killed the coues in my Avatar. I had Wellers do the mount. Awesome quality.

The tag was through the AZ super raffle.

When they called my to say I was drawn, I thought one of my buddies was playing a practical joke on me.

So Ive heard a few different theories...

1. Apply last minute and your application is put on top and drawn.

2. Your odds of drawing with a paper application are higher than online.

3. Game and fish awards tags at a higher rate to new youth who complete hunter safety.

What are your thoughts? I'm not saying any of these are true... I don't know

I don't think you drink craft beer?

I still believe that I have an X-Girlfriend that works for G&F and every time she sees my name on an app it goes into the NOT DRAWN bin. 3 elk tags in 30 years (not putting in for premium hunts) helps prove that theory! The only good thing is that she should be retiring soon!!!

Mocha I wonder if my brother dated that same girl friend as yours. He has drawn only 5 bull elk tags in 44 years and the only reason he drew his 5th was he put in for the November archery hunt by mistake (rather than the September archery hunt)

• Like 1

Mocha I wonder if my brother dated that same girl friend as yours. He has drawn only 5 bull elk tags in 44 years and the only reason he drew his 5th was he put in for the November archery hunt by mistake (rather than the September archery hunt)

That sounds like her!