Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Old Ithaca model 72 Saddle Gun .22lr lever action

Rifle has been sold. Thanks for the interest.

I picked this gun up years ago for my boys, but they never shoot it. The gun has been barely shot. I had never seen or heard of one of these guns until I bought it. There is a slight mark on the stock and forearm. I have included pics of them. Included in the sale is the original box with matching serial number on the end. I haven't been able to find one for sale with the box. This is the smoothest lever gun I've ever shot. Here is some information on the gun.

The gun was manufactured in West Germany by Erma Werke from 1973-78. It is a 15 shot tube fed, 18.5 inch barrel. Henry rifles now build a similar gun in there factory. I would like to get $475 or I would consider trading for a sub compact auto pistol. David

post-561-0-40363400-1418754376_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-62922500-1418754411_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-55981200-1418754428_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-47307100-1418754445_thumb.jpg

Dad bougth this 1 for me the day I was born! verrrrry sweet little lever 22lr. it was my dove slayer when I was a kid. good luck with the sale and as he said they are SUPER SMOOTH and 42yrs of use and still smoooooth!

Guys these are outstanding rifles! I have 0 retail knowledge of them but consider mine priceless!

If I was sitting on extra cashola I would considering buying for upcoming hunter in my household. :) good luck on a awesome gun that is warm~whipped butter smooth.

Hoghntr, I'm sure you have something in your safe that we can switch spots. David

Not sure cuz ive been doing lotta spot switching lately. :] i have 1 & would love someone else to have same opportunity but if say New Years rolls around and she is still here we might be talking.

Growing up at 40th st & bell on acerage with that gun & cb caps and a 3wheeler every cop around new this little boy. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Like 1

I found mine in a bargain bin at my local retailer. I took it to my gunsmith and had him put a cantilever scope mount on the barrel. I new this gun had a Erma Worke barrel (high quality) but mounting a scope on the receiver would be a mistake because the receiver is not secure to the barrel. The results were amazing. I have several CZ's …savage 19's…. wichester… marlin all 22 cal. I am a 22 nut. My ithaca outshoots all of them. The biggest difference is the cold shot.

IT DOES NOT HAVE ONE

• Like 1

hoghntr I like your scripture reference.It is for real. I am new to this site But thanks for the welcome

Welcome! :) just like anywhere else mostly good here with some nutts also. not bad nutts just different. God is good!

I agree with all you said about this rifle! Man it's making me wanna take mine out for some bunny action.