mattys281

Feral Hogs in Az!?

there was a ranch on the san pedro river near cascabel that had transplanted some from the south (Arkansas I think). they charged a couple of hundred bucks to hunt them. some of them wandered off from their propoerty and were free game. I know a guy who killed one on their ranch and then his brother and he killed a couple off from the ranch. this was about 4 years ago or so. would have been in unit 32 I believe.

Sounds like a good year round "game" animal for hunting. Few and far between but may b a good reason to try some new areas and check out rumors. Wish I knew about them when I was in AZ.

I have a buddy who has been killing hogs in 21. There is at least one big herd there and they have got on em' several times and have killed a few. There was a ranch nearby that raises animals that you can hunt, and these had gotten loose along time ago and they're still out there. They are wild and don't just sit there and let you sneak up on em'. These hogs have been a secret and some others I've heard of have been kept a secret also by those who know where they are.......it's kinda like a honeyhole for bears.....most guys will take it to their grave before giving directions! It would be cool to know where there are possibly some "big game" sized critters that you could go hunt anytime for the price of gas and shells! JIM>

Ya Jim that is the heard we saw this Jan on arhery deer there was 9 in that heard but we had our heads up our rear end and then realized too late we can shoot those bastards!

did you happen upon them or were you going out just to find them hogs. 2 great looking hogs

I got both of those in California. I was just commenting on their tastiness.

They are a very worthy game animal if they are truely wild.