Presmyk

cats and cages

I am only running 5 cages right now getting another 3 then I have 14 foot holds I'll be running On some land I got access to. Ya I pit up and sell mine I kept my first cat I caught in foot hold though sentimental value

• Like 1

Nice cats . I have yet to catch my first on my own but me and a mutual friend pulled 20 out last year. Not going all in this year due to prices but still a good way to get out and do some scouting for other game.

Congrats on the catches!

Were they toms?

I can't help but think that the top cat is a pretty young cat. As trappers it is up to us to ensure there will be cats to trap each year in our area. As a new trapper you must fight the urge to kill every cat that is in your cage. Generally we let kittens and most females go. I will keep a few females each year as long as they are older and not milk stained.

Congrats on the catches!

Were they toms?

I can't help but think that the top cat is a pretty young cat. As trappers it is up to us to ensure there will be cats to trap each year in our area. As a new trapper you must fight the urge to kill every cat that is in your cage. Generally we let kittens and most females go. I will keep a few females each year as long as they are older and not milk stained.

Before you assume you know the situation and that im a ignorant new trapper that doesn't believe in conservation ask.i wouldn't consider myself a new or a seasoned trapper but I'm on my fifth season trapping. this is only 2nd season running some cages I actually let that one out and have the video on my phone letting it out went back in cage twice and third time I got it out came after me so I beat to down with choke pole. but you are right very small and young.
  • Like 1

post-12229-0-68804600-1416496076_thumb.png

Can't upload or send video but here screen shot of 2nd time got it out

Well you posted a picture of a dispatched kitten and didn't explain anything. What are we supposed to assume.

I'm not judging you buddy. I was simply trying to inform you incase you were unaware. Hope you have many more dropped doors this season

There wasn't a we there was a you assuming things. Thank you for the conservation 101 lessons thank you and hope you have a good season as well.

• Like 1

There's always one that is always assuming in a thread 😜. Nice job Presmyk, way to handle the conversation. Keep it up

• Like 2

This cat kinda made up for wasting half a day running my foot hold drags just to have them stolen that evening. its mind blowing traps on public land not mess with traps on private properly stolen weird knock on wood Lol