Dang! Bet it would suck to get stuck in that lil' old shack with a bear! :blink:

Keep um coming! You could post a thousand pics of AK and you would have me glued to the screen till I'd seen every one. :)

This is a picture of some bear tracks that appeared in the middle of the road between the time it took me to walk the 50 yards to the river drop off the clients and come back to pick up my pack. It seems like it is a good size bear :blink:

102_1363.jpg

This is a picture of some bear tracks that appeared in the middle of the road between the time it took me to walk the 50 yards to the river drop off the clients and come back to pick up my pack. It seems like it is a good size bear :blink:

102_1363.jpg

how often were you running into bears was it a couple everyday or a couple every other day?

102_1363.jpg

RUN forest RUN!!!!! :o :huh: :o

I was seeing at least a black bear a day. I had several days where I would see several black and several grizzly.

Ok this is a funny story. The first picture is of a mounted wolverine. On the wolverines snout ther are to marks. Those 2 marks are from a small black bear that broke into the lodge and latched onto the wolverine. As the black bear was dragging the woverine out the door the owner shot the black bear and he is in picture number 2 right now :P

100_0767.jpg

100_0792.jpg

Ok this is a funny story. The first picture is of a mounted wolverine. On the wolverines snout ther are to marks. Those 2 marks are from a small black bear that broke into the lodge and latched onto the wolverine. As the black bear was dragging the woverine out the door the owner shot the black bear and he is in picture number 2 right now :P

100_0767.jpg

100_0792.jpg

haha what a good story

Since I will be gone this weekend hopefully picking up some brown antlers I figured I would make one last post before I head out.

These 3 pictures are of mushrooms found around the lodge. The first 2 are just so bright and stood out for good pictures. The third picture is of a huge mushroom. These things were everywhere and some were close to 12 inches across on top!

102_1475.jpg

102_1443.jpg

102_1452.jpg

And before I get any smart allick comments none of these mushrooms were eaten :P

Ok here is a picture of what we called "The Boardwalk". During the first week I was there it was my job to build this thing. It is right at a 1/4 mile long and it took me 4 days to build it. The only reason I had to build it is so the clients didnt have to walk through the swamp or walk the 1/4 mile. We would drive our little Suzuki Samari's over this also.

100_1350.jpg

We had 2 camps at our lodge. There was the main lodge and the "tent camp" lodge only the tent camp lodge had a bunch of custom made cabins made by yours truly :P Well in the outhouse that was standing there this sign was in it. The tent camp lodge was actually an old german gold miners camp that was made after WWII.

Copyof102_1451.jpg