Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

kinda ticked off

just razzing you on the Phoenix comment... I don't even live in phx. :P

I dont know who the troll is. I helped a guy out, my fucnn bad . I thought that was what this site was about. I gave free ammo to help a guy out.. then I get a shoot storm. Thanks .

Nothing wrong with earning a living, also nothing wrong with living as a Podunk lol. I shoot and love my .243. I'm lucky to be able to load my own though. Good luck on her hunt.

I load my own also, I just helped a guy out. Why do you get offended by podunk ? Then you used the term.
not offended at all. Your not the one who used the term. Your the one who thought I was offended about you helping a guy out. Great you got him and his wife shooting again! I never said nothin bad to or about you did I? I just said that Podunk towns have ammo, just cause you folks live in the city doesn't mean there's an endless supply. No harm no foul. Chill out guy.

Nothing wrong with earning a living, also nothing wrong with living as a Podunk lol. I shoot and love my .243. I'm lucky to be able to load my own though. Good luck on her hunt.

I load my own also, I just helped a guy out. Why do you get offended by podunk ? Then you used the term.
not offended at all. Your not the one who used the term. Your the one who thought I was offended about you helping a guy out. Great you got him and his wife shooting again! I never said nothin bad to or about you did I? I just said that Podunk towns have ammo, just cause you folks live in the city doesn't mean there's an endless supply. No harm no foul. Chill out guy.

its all good, every thing is podunk in this state , untill the liberals are harvested. HUNT ON.!!!!!!!!!

e

• Like 1

hey I was born and raised in a little Podunk town - Denver Iowa about 10 miles n of waterloo

shoveled more crap from pigs/ chickens and cows than I care to admit

milked cows by hand sittin on a 3 legged stool - had to walk2-3 miles to buy 10 for a penny candy on sunday afternoon - after chores- pumped water from a well to haul into the house using a 5 gal bucket and heated bath water in tub on a woood burning stove - crapper outhouse - never did have toilet paper

so I do know Podunk backwoods!

agin thanks for the help and the offers -- hope to fill a tag

hey I was born and raised in a little Podunk town - Denver Iowa about 10 miles n of waterloo

shoveled more crap from pigs/ chickens and cows than I care to admit

milked cows by hand sittin on a 3 legged stool - had to walk2-3 miles to buy 10 for a penny candy on sunday afternoon - after chores- pumped water from a well to haul into the house using a 5 gal bucket and heated bath water in tub on a woood burning stove - crapper outhouse - never did have toilet paper

so I do know Podunk backwoods!

agin thanks for the help and the offers -- hope to fill a tag

good luck , never mind the shoot storm.

it was all good until the no toilet paper! :blink: :lol:

• Like 1

So ammo has been hard to find for 18 months and you top that with deer season when everyone is buy up hunting ammo and your mad you cant find ammo?

We had the same issue last season with 243 for my buddy. He ended up with some federal hi shok

It didn't matter, we didn't see a buck.

I guess the lesson should be, if you see it, buy it. No matter what time of year just to make sure you have some.

• Like 1

I guess the lesson should be, if you see it, buy it. No matter what time of year just to make sure you have some.

No that makes you a hoarder...oh and to blame for everyone not bein able to find what they need. (Yes this should be read dripping with sarcasm)

No to rag on you, but why are you sighting in a hunting rifle and checking your ammo supply 2 days before the opener?

• Like 1

like I stated - she had already shot the 308 - I had seen other boxes of 243 but didn't see that they were reloads. I just looked at the ends and thought yep I got 2-3 more boxes - no problem

we had planned to use the 308 it has the mounted bi-pod- but at home using standing shooting sticks- to practicing getting on a target - she felt more comfortable - scope wise with the 243 and that's why we went to range - these guns have always been "sighted in " I was just to let her shoot some more.

it's like checking the gun to see if its still on - you go out and shoot it - better than going and missing and then check and see its way off -

the 308 is camo'd out and sighted in for 400+ yrds - the 243 is all shiney and pretty and hasn't really been used in many a yr.