Sign in to follow this  
Chef

Chef checks one off his bucket list!!

I can't express in words what a great hunt this was and how awesome it was to be in the woods with Hector and his dad. They are great people and truly deserve the success they enjoyed. The food was just as incredible as I'm sure you all are imagining it was.

Just to add a little to what Hector already posted:

I could not have scripted a better hunt. We got to experience what early season elk hunting is all about from the energetic frenzy when you get in the middle of the fray with bulls all around to the lonely quiet days when you don't hear a bugle or see an elk. We got to experience the highest of highs when everything comes together to the rotten lows when you get back to camp to find someone decided they needed your gear worse then you and stole it.

From the time the tags were drawn I knew that we would have a great hunt regardless of the outcome given the great people involved not only with Hector and his dad but also with Keith and Jimmy joining us. It sure was awesome to be able to get such beautiful bulls though. I must admit that I felt some serious pressure going into this hunt as I had talked Hector into burning each of their 15 bonus points to draw these tags. Don't get me wrong though the pressure was only what I was putting on myself as Hector and his dad had very realistic goals and knew that no hunt was a guarantee. We all had put in the time, effort, and work to make this hunt a success and it paid off in a big way. Thanks guys for letting me be a part of it and I'm already looking forward to our next adventure.

Also I wouldn't have believed we could of called in that bull from so far with so much terrain in between us either but sometimes things just work out. Definitely one of the highlights! And lastly as Hector described about taking his bull the "orchestrated caos" was something that can only be achieved from time spent together in the field knowing that when it's go time each will do his part. What a blast!!!

post-216-0-64902900-1413316864_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-99326100-1413316892_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-18470300-1413316934_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-52340000-1413316975_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-85412200-1413317012_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome, nice bull and video!!

Fantastic!

O M G !! :o What a hunt and what an amazing bulls you guys took. Congratulations to everyone involved! You guys rock!