Sign in to follow this  
bow.hunter8971

unit 10 cow hunt

800+ tags, good luck. There are elk in all parts of the unit. It was an awesome hunt 10 years ago. I don't know how it is now but you might want to wear hunter orange. I use to hunt elk on the Perrin Trap ranch.

Had this hunt last year and harvested a cow on perrin ranch. Lots of people though, i agree wear hunter orange. I just sat in a clearing and on second day other hunters pushed 2 cows sounded like a freight train coming through the woods but i stopped them with a cow call. Anyways good luck and Happy hunting

Lots of people on that hunt for sure. I would suggest going on the Boquillas Ranch. First it is half of the unit and most of the prime habitat for elk. Secondly, it seems from the early hunts that people are genrally not paying the extra fee to hunt it and concentrating on the Perrin Ranch and Kaibab National Forest parts. There were a ton of people hunting the archery hunt off the Boquillas. As for areas on the Boquillas, look around the edge of the Aubrey cliffs north of Pica Camp and around Rose Well/Mt. Floyd.