MathewQuigly

Arizona feril hogs

I've heard some rumors about this and been trying to research this, does anyone know if Arizona has hogs? No I'm not talking about javelina

ahhhhh... the ol' Arizona feral hog debate. this topic seems to come around about once a year. there are very few scattered around through AZ. i took one about 5 years ago, but was a guided type operation near Mammoth. i don't believe they offer hunts anymore. heard there are a few around camp verde, some on the strip, and maybe a few down south

Havasu wildlife refuge has a lot, but you can't hunt them. The wildlife manager has allowed hunts before but said they were not effected.

I heard of some escaping from that canned hunt ranch in Cordes. They breed like crazy so I doubt they are still around or they would be everywhere.

There are some scattered around as GreyGhost stated and though I do not know anyone hunting them I know of people seeing them in small groups in varied units , down around Mammoth in Unit 32 down to Redington I have seen Russian Boars ( these are privately owned but range freely) but you do not want to take them I have never seen feral hogs though I know a couple people who say they have... From friends I have heard of scattered sightings in 27, 23, as well as on the Res but in no large numbers... I have always heard that 13b has a bigger population but I do not know any that have hunted them there

The only thing I can think of is talk to Game and Fish to get a general area then just take the horse through there to see what I can find. Any other suggestions?

For whatever reason, there aren't the high numbers in this State like there are in Texas, Alabama, etc. Thank God!!!

• Like 1

I found a dead one last year while dove hunting. It was all twisted up in barbed wire.

Where was it, just general location, in the valley etc

I found a dead one last year while dove hunting. It was all twisted up in barbed wire.

Where was it, just general location, in the valley etc

north of new river

i talked to the game warden in the strip and they are there, just need to find them, is a long ways to hunt hogs, a friend of mine shot one yesterday on a ranch in seligman, i think is private so i don't know how much it is.

post-3041-0-44567800-1411759488_thumb.jpg

i talked to the game warden in the strip and they are there, just need to find them, is a long ways to hunt hogs, a friend of mine shot one yesterday on a ranch in seligman, i think is private so i don't know how much it is.

Nice hog