Sign in to follow this  
az_shooter

WTB Hornady 30 cal 208gr amax

Here I go again, I posted this a few months ago and was greatful enough to get a box off of a member on here and needless to say I now need more since the ones I put on back order won't be coming in any time soon. If anyone has a box laying around they don't need or knows someone who does have some I would greatly appreciate it. You just tell me how much you want for them. Thanks a bunch.

Just ordered two boxes from midway, good spot wampus! Thanks for both of your guys help.

I'm pretty sure I saw them at Sportsmans in Mesa as well as Bass pro on Wednesday. I was looking at all the bullets I was looking at all the bulletts over 200 grains. If I stop by there today I will look again.

I know people who like the amax on deer. How do they do on elk. Anyone know?

We used the 208 on an elk at an incredible distance. Launched by 300 win and it put him down no issue. Heard complaints about poor performance at real close range but never had an issue. Like everything else in hunting, it matters where you put it more than which tool you pick.

At 3006 velocity the 208 shouldn't be used under 100 yds. or about 2250 fps. to 2300, and lower its a little soft.