CJ Long range

Coues deer, unit 27.

Hi all My brother and i have unit 27 coues tags for late october, it runs the same time as my mom and sisters elk hunt in the same unit. I was wondering if y'all know of any good spots? thanks in advance.

That area right between alpine and Clifton has a few ;)

Check out az g&f website 'where to hunt' section. They have some pretty detailed info on that unit that will give you a good start.

• Like 1

I take it your mom and sister are hunting cow elk? Probably up on top of the RIm? The closest spot to the top,would be the Highline trail down at Strayhorse campground You can go east or west, and all the canyons, and ridges hold Coues.The entire south face of the rim, It's thicker up there and more difficult to glass than further south in the unit. There are some Coues right up on the top edge of the rim also, but not as many. A little further south is Sheep Saddle campground. You can take the Hot Air Canyon trail to the west of the campground in, and round, the ridges and Canyons. I have seen good bucks in there also. You can glass some canyons below Rose Peak right from the highway also.