I sold the .300 rum and brought a new project,code name 270 wsm. I can't wait to shoot it. I also bought a luepold VXL 4.5x14x50 scope with the B/C crosshair. Hopefully she'll be a shooter. Cause my wife almost killed me when I brought it home :angry: sometimes that is the funnest part. :rolleyes:

That should be a Coues killin' machine right there! Very purdy ;) JIM>

Brian, one thing to watch for : make sure the gun feeds properly. i HAD a 700 sps in 270wsm that would not feed worth a dang! i didnt even shoot the gun, noticed it would feed right, traded it for my curretn 270wsm and havent looked back since.

Brian, one thing to watch for : make sure the gun feeds properly. i HAD a 700 sps in 270wsm that would not feed worth a dang! i didnt even shoot the gun, noticed it would feed right, traded it for my curretn 270wsm and havent looked back since.

I hope I dont have that problem.I love the rem 700 action.I would go with a different cal than different action. What kind of problems did you have with feeding?

" What kind of problems did you have with feeding? "

Are you serious..........Have you seen the size of that boy? Casey's only problem with feeding is knowing when to stop! :lol: :P

Are you serious..........Have you seen the size of that boy? Casey's only problem with feeding is knowing when to stop! :lol: :P

coosefan just called casey a girl :rolleyes:

coosefan just called casey a fatty :lol: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: .............in his defense, his fat @$$ can out-hike my fat @$$...........he proved it.

Jim, your funny! actually, ive been sick for a while, havent really eaten.

problems i had : the first round i would load would to fine and eject fine, after that, when feeding the 2nd and 3rd bullet, if you racked the action at anything less then the speed of sound the shell would get kicked up to high and come out of the gun. Doug and i bent the piece of metal that connects the top of the magaznie to the bottom metal and could not get it to work right. traded it in less than a week for my 270 wsm i have now

recoil is not bad at all. but my 270wsm is also a heavy SOB so that kills a lot of recoil.

hiking is kinda overated anyways.did you tape a candy bar on your back or something. :lol: for him to follow.

Hiking can be overrated, we proved that also.......found our buck from the window of the truck......while eating candy bars! Casey remembers that one because of the SUPER LOOONG pack job..........all 80 downhill yards of it! He ripped his dress in the process though :huh: :lol: :P

hiking is kinda overated anyways.did you tape a candy bar on your back or something. :lol: for him to follow.

Hiking can be overrated, we proved that also.......found our buck from the window of the truck......while eating candy bars! Casey remembers that one because of the SUPER LOOONG pack job..........all 80 downhill yards of it! He ripped his dress in the process though :huh: :lol: :P

was it a camo dress or the special scent lock dress