firstcoueswas80

I remembered why i tag out every year!

tonight, i remembered why i dont like going home empty handed on a coues hunt...

put my first set of coues filets on the grill from this past years buck... man o man those are awesome! no wonder i like killin little bucks with lots of shots :)

Thanks for saving the big ones for me and Jim!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I second THAT! You keep weedin' out them tender n' tasty, bottle-feedin' Bambi's.........someone's gotta do it.........thanks for takin' a couple for the team!

p.s. ........ Shorty and I will be over for steaks tomorrow night :unsure: :ph34r:

Thanks for saving the big ones for me and Jim!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I second THAT! You keep weedin' out them tender n' tasty, bottle-feedin' Bambi's.........someone's gotta do it.........thanks for takin' a couple for the team!

p.s. ........ Shorty and I will be over for steaks tomorrow night :unsure: :ph34r:

I dont know Jim, to feed us 3, it might take all the meat i got! remember, he was a small buck!!! 85+ or bust this year!!! (hoping and preying i get a tag!)

I had Elk chorizo yesterday morning for breakfast................hum..hum...good... ;)

Sad part is that I am getting down to the last of it. :unsure:

:ph34r:

You mean you had coues filet on the grill and you didn't invite me for dinner? What's up with that Casey??? :blink:

hehehe, glad you enjoyed your meal. It is always a great reminder of the perks of hunting....

Amanda

This works great for all game, as the oil adds fat (TASTEY!) that is missing from most game animals. The acid from the lime and soy/worsteshire helps tenderize.

4-6 - 1" thick back strap fillets, sirlion steaks, or tenderloin

1/2 cup GOOD olive oil

2 tablespoon of diced garlic. FRESH

1 table spoon of grated ginger FRESH

1/2 cup of EITHER Soy or Worsteshire

Juice of one lime FRESH

1/4 cup red wine (optional)

Trim fat from meat, pucture meat several times with a fork. Lightly salt and pepper.

Place meat in large zip-lock bag and pour marinade over the meat. Refridgerate for at least 4 hours or over night.

Prepare the rest of your meal, salad, potatoes, etc. You don't want to cook the meat first then have it sitting around while the rest of the meal finishes. You want the meat to go right from the grille to the table.

Place meat on HOT grille. Retain the used marinade for a sauce (optional). Cook until medium rare. It will continue to cook for a few minutes after removing it from the grille, so don't over cook it. Overcooking is the main reason that some people turn up their noses at game meat.

To make the sauce, pour the marinade into a sauce pan and add a little wine or apple juice to it (1/4 cup or so), throw in couple of pepper corns, 8-10 cherries (fresh or dried), and a bay leaf. Boil until the mixture reduced by 1/2. Strain into a serving dish and pour over meat. DO NOT EAT THE USED MARINADE UNLESS YOU HAVE BOILED IT.

I've been wondring what I was going to do with these elk backstraps I was given.

I been looking for a new recipe.

Thanks DB.

P.S., since we both live in Gilbert maybe you should come over an show me so I don't screw it up!!! :P

dang DesertBull, that sounds AWESOME! I'm gonna try it!

Wow, Desertbull, I had no idea you were such a gourmet! that's sounds great. Don't forget guys that I have a section for recipes on the main website. here is the link, check it out there are some very tasty recipes there: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/recipes.htm

If you have a recipe you like, email it to me and I can post it so every can share it. Casey has sent some in as well as several others from this forum. I will grab the one you posted Desertbull and add it in, assuming you don't mind....your recipe seems to be a slight variation of the last one on the recipe page submitted by Chris Mills.

Amanda