Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser.308

Bolt action Ruger American .22 bolt assembly

So, I contacted Ruger. They told me they don't sell bolt assemblies and my rifle would have to be sent in to them to fit an new bolt.

I asked them what it will cost me, their answer was "we don't give estimates over the phone, you have to send your gun in and we will have our technician contact you and he may be able to help you with cost of the repair."

To me that is a bull crap answer, you want me to send you a gun, without knowing what it will cost to fix it (slide a new bolt in and test fire). How do I know that you won't charge me more than a gun is worth? Why can't you give me a ball park number or will not be more than $xx.xx.

Anyone has any experience with this?

I think a bolt has to be fitted and spec'd out. I dont think you can just put one on, I might be wrong though. Thinking they have to see what you have and the condition it's in before they know what it needs. Doesnt sound out of line to me.

I think a bolt has to be fitted and spec'd out. I dont think you can just put one on, I might be wrong though. Thinking they have to see what you have and the condition it's in before they know what it needs. Doesnt sound out of line to me.

I understand that, but I told them that the gun is brand new and never been fired, so I think a ball park price of new bolt and labor to fit it would not be hard to estimate. I just don't want to ship it out and then they tell me it will bill me for $350 plus shipping. I can just throw that gun in the river and buy a new one for that.