Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Poltergeist Ford

My first "NEW" right off the lot was a 79 f-150 - mel clayton ford

first weekend drove to mtns east of Patagonia for deer season - drove up a lot of roads that deadend on mtn tops

Had it scheduled for minor upgrade on Monday- drove in handed keys to mechanic - go to sit in waiting room

look out at all the smoke coming from MY truck - whole wiring harness was melting-

I was like - I'm so happy it happened sitting at the dealers with the mechanic freaking out - not me!!

I can honestly say none of my 4 ford trucks have never left me stranded or walking due to mechanical failure

but sometimes they have a mind of their own!

wife drives truck - ignition wont work right for her - key wont turn - won't start truck - cant get key out

I try it it works perfect -

PRDATR...funny you should mention that.....for many years the ignition switch would turn over with a anything....screw driver, penny, another key....didn't matter. I finally put in a new one about 6 months ago because it started to hang on the stater and you had to adjust it back a titch to disengage the starter. Just last week it started messing had to turn the key all the way over with nothing then all the sudden....Varuuuuum.....it would turn over and start.