Red Rabbit

New Coues Machine

Just finished putting together my coues and antelope rifle. This is the first rifle I have had done. I had Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 300WSM that beckoned to be necked down to 6.5 mm. Kirby Allen of Allen Precision Shooting in Montana trued the action, reamed chamber of the Pac-Nor barrel, and glass/pillar bedded the action. Doug Birch at Fit4Duty Cerakoted and micoslicked the works.

6.jpg

6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

6-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

Pac-Nor stainless super match, 1 in 9 polygonal, 26", 0.560" at muzzle

Leupold Dual Dove tail bases and rings

Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 duplex w/ turrets

9 lb. 6 oz. total

50 rounds of brass are ready to be loaded and topped with the 130 Accubonds for starters. Will post range results asap.

Doug~RR

dang! That is Purdy!! :) Bet that set you back a couple o bucks! That thing probably shoots soo flat that you won't need those turrets very much! Good luck with her.... hope she shoots straight for ya!!

Saw it last night before the scope went on and it sure is a pretty rifle. and i know Doug will get that thing to shoot pee size groups as he always does! now, to draw a antelope tag!

That is one fancy "fire-stick" right there ;) Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

Christian,

I am hoping to get 3300fps with a 130 Accubond. Will try some slow powders like H1000 and Ramshot Magnum and work up 0.5gr at a time through the chronograph. The case is a 300 WSM necked down to 6.5 mm. Should be similar in performance to a 264 Win Mag. The rifle came out a little heavier than I hoped, but as they say, life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

Doug~RR

Man I would hate to see a grown man crying when he falls down and scratches that sweet lookin stock. That should be a heck of a shooter. David

If Kirby did the Rifle it should be a shooter. I am going to get kirby to Build 2 things for me.

He is going to build a XP-100 in 7mm Dakota and a 257 STW in a Lawson action.

Grate looking rifle.