Sign in to follow this  
Bitter24

Question on bedding area

I found a good buck who bed down last night and stayed there all night, and is currently in the same area now where he was bedded all night. Do the desert mulies typically bed in the same area over several days? Or do they roam enough where tomorrow morning he may be in a completly different area? Thanks

Should not be too far from where you found bedded and this time of year I am betting there were other bucks ( part of a bachelor herd) bedded around him close as well.... usually the norm for this time of year.

Str8shot, weird part is he was all alone not a deer anywhere near him. Ok, thanks guys. Good news is he cant go any farther south lol he. So that narrows it down.

Him being solo is a recipe for getting a shot. He will be in the same area. Good luck. May the wind stay in your favor and your arrow fly true

• Like 1

Totally changes my game plan, planned on hunting coues lol. Though since everyone thinks he will still be there then worth going back. Not many places to get up and glass him up but hopefully he is close cause the one little hill near should be good enough. Time will tell. Wondering why he is alone? Maybe just a old deer that dosent want to be bothered by other guys. Or just anti social lol

Its because he is smart. I have been chasing a particular giant mule deer for the past 3 seasons. He has had one other buck with him on two different occasions. But he would buck them and run them off.but they would always stay close. And when I saw them I knew he wasn't far.