I've been using hodgdon cfe223 if that's the one your talking about it works great for me 24 gr with a 77 gr nosler custom competition

I had not heard about so I had to look it up. I know H335 has been popular but I liked H322 (both much faster burning)as in my 14" Contender it did not leave little pieces of unburnt powder like the H335 did.

Just so happened I tried this weekend it in my favorite hunting rifle, a Savage short action with a Douglas 20in. match barrel. Used 168 TTSX, 215M primers, military full length sized once fired brass, CFE223 48.3 grains. Got average velocity of 2750 fps and under 1/2 in groups! Best powder I have ever used in the .308 Win. It works well in my Ruger SR556E. I can get 3000fps from 16 in. stock barrel with 52 gr Sierra match bullet. Groups at 1.5 in and feeds very reliably. Looks to me like it has Superformance characteristics, and should work well in any cartridge derived from the 308 and 222 magnum, namely 204, 223, 243, 260, 338 Fed, 7mm-08. Had an excellent writeup in Handloader magazine. This powder really prevents copper fouling. In the .308 would start out at 45 gr and work up. Have not tried it in other calibers. Would be interested to see how it works in the 300WSM.

I have a load for my 22-250 that I have been using for 30 years, 35 grains of 4064 behind a 60 grain spire point.

When I heard of the possibility of helping with copper fouling it got my attention. Plus the claims to great performance.

My .17 Remington I have only had for a few years fouls really quick so I for sure want to give this powder a try.

Thanks for replys.

Jeff

It really would be interesting to see how it worked in the 17 Rem at preventing copper fouling.