Sign in to follow this  
levers

H450 Powder

Years ago, I bought A LOT of H450 bulk packed powder. I've used a lot but I got to looking and I think I have more than I'm ever going to use. I'd say I have at least 8 pounds extra….maybe even more depending on how much I reload down the road. I don't know what to ask for it. It has been out of production for about 20 years I'd guess. It's a ball powder with a burn rate very close to 4831. I've always been happy with it and used in most every rifle caliber I reload. Even the ones that it is not best suited for. It has always been properly stored in a dry, a/c conditions. If you're interested, let me know & send me a message. If you have an idea as to what it's worth, let me know that too.

Thanks

He is talking about H450 ... made by Olin and discontinued By Hodgdon was a spherical powder... very similar to H4831 in burn with slightly better velocity... was a very popular slow burn high velocity powder, and I knew many guys that preferred it for their .30-06 loads.... there are still guys out there reloading that would probably like to get their hands on some so they can bring back to life some of their older loads... As far as price that is a tough call , popular powder for many that can not longer be bought ...

Oh did not know they made H450. Thanks learn something everyday.