hoghntr

**Question for the camo wearing ladies on coues whitetail

OK guys, here is a woman hunters perspective.....I have some women's clothing, paid way more for it than the men's clothing. Men's clothing is way more functional than women's, meaning that I can put my rangefinder in a man's shirt pocket, but have you seen a woman's! you would be lucky to get your license and tag in it! I met the owner of Prios and told her of my issues several years ago, no changes. I do own Prios, She Safari and some RedHead woman's clothing, I do not wear it when I am archery hunting, I will wear them if I am rifle hunting..maybe. I am one of the lucky women who's husband wants the best for her, so he talked me into buying the woman's clothing, said I looked great in the clothing and he could tell I was a woman far away. Well I do not care if I look like a woman or not when I am hunting, I want to be comfortable and functional. So honestly I vote for men's clothing, until they finally make women's clothing functional.

I second what Kathi has said here. It's very challenging to find good women's hunting clothing and gear (like backpacks). And if you do find it, they charge a lot more for it. My suggestion is to have her try on a bunch, including men's camo and just see what she likes. Most of the time, the women's camo isn't worth the extra money. She might look better in it, but as Kathi said, it will have much smaller pockets and most of the time it will be thinner material that won't be as warm or last as long. I focus on trying to find whatever camo is the quietest, most comfortable, and functional. I can't stand hearing the "swish" of material while walking.

• Like 1

I just laugh cuz the majority of super lightweight and wicking hunt clothes reflect sun like a mirror.. dang what happened to wicking base layers only? lets keep the shiny wicking clothing against the skin where Iit belongs.

Thx for the input. my wife is tiny so it does make purchasing mens clothes kinda challenging. she is like a pre teen at no longer fits youth clothing and swims in everything else. she can wear some xl youth stuff so might go that route also

I just laugh cuz the majority of super lightweight and wicking hunt clothes reflect sun like a mirror.. dang what happened to wicking base layers only? lets keep the shiny wicking clothing against the skin where Iit belongs.

Thx for the input. my wife is tiny so it does make purchasing mens clothes kinda challenging. she is like a pre teen at no longer fits youth clothing and swims in everything else. she can wear some xl youth stuff so might go that route also

bass pro has a bunch of different..

I'm sure on line selection is better.

my wife likes some of the "she" wear... says it fits better than mens.

http://www.basspro.com/Ladies%27-Hunting-Clothing/_/S-12600004010

James

bass pro has a bunch of different..

I'm sure on line selection is better.

my wife likes some of the "she" wear... says it fits better than mens.

http://www.basspro.com/Ladies%27-Hunting-Clothing/_/S-12600004010

James

I will check it out thx.. and I love the companies that give military discount EVERYDAY so I prefer bass pro and sportsmans. I have picked up few items including used lighweight under armor top and bottom and various goodies.. just dont wanna stick her in the mens medium bdu I had her in last year. L.O.L.

shopping, hunting and camos..some of my favorite subjects..lol

I actually really like bdu's. Cheap and come in short length. Wash then a lot And they will get softer.

I'm all over the board. They didn't have much ladies camos when I started. I still wear some men's but am slowly changing over to women's since the waistbands are no longer up to my neck. I like sportmans and bass pro. I've even found good men's camos at dicks I wish I had more of. A lot depends on her fit. I'm guessing she'd be a small/med. I'm a medium and your girl wears a smaller size than me. Tight pants don't work well with hunting.

Pockets are very important to me. The more the better. I hem my own sometimes since I'm on the tall end of being short... lol

EBAY is a great place. I've gotten many good deals there. U can try some on in store and then go online. don't forget wally world either. They have women's too at times

• Like 2

shopping, hunting and camos..some of my favorite subjects..lol

I actually really like bdu's. Cheap and come in short length. Wash then a lot And they will get softer.

I'm all over the board. They didn't have much ladies camos when I started. I still wear some men's but am slowly changing over to women's since the waistbands are no longer up to my neck. I like sportmans and bass pro. I've even found good men's camos at dicks I wish I had more of. A lot depends on her fit. I'm guessing she'd be a small/med. I'm a medium and your girl wears a smaller size than me. Tight pants don't work well with hunting.

Pockets are very important to me. The more the better. I hem my own sometimes since I'm on the tall end of being short... lol

EBAY is a great place. I've gotten many good deals there. U can try some on in store and then go online. don't forget wally world either. They have women's too at times

L.O.L. so she is not supposed to be tightening her pants belt on her chest?? I thought the belt now took the place of bra. ha.. yes that is the problem always cuz she is a petite. days of camo at wally world in my neighborhood are gone. I used to stock up there especially when they had the bark camo I grew to love.

Thx for the input girl who is on the tall side of short! ;)

Men. .ughh. ughh. When we wear that, u will wear a leaf.

Seriously...comfortable is what I recommend. Comfort means happy.

Walmarts on the SE side have them at times (not yet as of last week). Its seasonal and they are cheap. Lightweight but u can layer.

I personally only wear mens regular plain cotton camo shirts. Women's have funny neck shapes and I don't like them with binos, pack, and bow hunting. I don't want my skin seen or rubbed by pack straps, etc.

• Like 3

All good input! Keep her happy and you'll be happy!

• Like 2

Well, I'm known to be on the small side. Finding camo clothes is most frustrating, not only for lack of it but when you do find it it is costly and usually "very dark in color". Where ever there is camo I check it out whether it's women's, men's or youths'. If it fits, I get it whether I need it or not. Some of the items I have are from the youth section so don't forget to look there. I, too, like lots of pockets. I would love to have all of the following items in one set camo pattern but find it close to impossible in women's line: pants with lots of pockets, cotton short sleeve t-shirt with large pocket, long sleeve cotton t-shirt with large pocket, and a long sleeve, collared, button up shirt with 2 front pockets. Oh yes, the women's t-shirts are often too short. Better to buy mens'. When I first started hunting I use to buy mens' camo. Back then you could find mens' camo clothing in size small. Now a days it's hard to find men's camo in a "small" size. They skip small and start at medium.

Oh yes, don't buy your wife any one piece coveralls without talking about it first. I never understood these for women. MOST IMPRACTICAL when taking care of business when out in the field.

• Like 3

Ok folks I must admit that from a distance I would just say under armour boots are ridiculously over priced.. BUT! From me a guy who has extensive boot knowledge from sales with Red Wing, vasque, danner, irish setter, etc etc.. and for my own foot problems I have done much researched and owned thousand upon thousand of dollars of boots.. folks my word of knowledge today is after looking at under armour boots yesterday I would say they are VERY WELL MADE AND AT TOP OF THE GAME IN THAT PARTICUILAR KIND OF BOOT.. HALF BOOT HALF SNEAKER.. wish they made my size.

Ok folks I must admit that from a distance I would just say under armour boots are ridiculously over priced.. BUT! From me a guy who has extensive boot knowledge from sales with Red Wing, vasque, danner, irish setter, etc etc.. and for my own foot problems I have done much researched and owned thousand upon thousand of dollars of boots.. folks my word of knowledge today is after looking at under armour boots yesterday I would say they are VERY WELL MADE AND AT TOP OF THE GAME IN THAT PARTICUILAR KIND OF BOOT.. HALF BOOT HALF SNEAKER.. wish they made my size.

The guys I work with are wearing them and they have quite a following going. I am a Danner guy, but I have had the same pair for 7 years with one resole this year.

As for women's camo yeah not fun. I am a fan of the sparkling stuff on camo that will really help conceal my wife from watchful eyes...

• Like 1

I tried a pair of under armour boots a couple years ago. They were worn out in 6 months or less and my feet always seemed to be cold. Not sure if I bought the cheap under armour brand but I won't buy another to find out.