wow, those are toads...and i agree, if i had the money i would do the same i bet...

At least we have one guy that will admit it! Cuz I dang sure would too. And we don't really know the story so who is to say his hunt wasnt slightly challenging at least. Obviously much easier when you have guys following the bulls everywhere to help locate when it's time to kill but isn't that what hundreds of people pay guides for every year? Why is it so much different when the auction hunter does the same as nearly every person that hunts the strip for deer and hires a guide.
  • Like 5

Isn't this the same guy that had an auction tag in 2012 and killed that monster bull in the burn?

Ya kevin same guy. That typical is a giant! Pictures don't do him justice. Mass is unreal!!!! Congrats to all invovled. And oh ya if I had the money you can bet your butt I'd be buying tags

• Like 1

BC777 I started a thread in campfire section covering my thoughts on these things. I dont think its appropriate to hijack this thread over these issues. Beautiful bulls though.

I may be wrong, but I thought you could only kill 1 Elk a year in az regardless of the tag. I must be wrong, but that's what I thought it was.

what were the two tags that were purchased? I thought there were only 2 special tags. One was an auction tag and the other was a raffle tag?

also, just curious how much was contributed to our states wildlife for these two tags. someone mentioned $500K for both. is that accurate? thanks!

There are two auction tags. One sold at RMEF convention and one at AES banquet. I believe the total on the 2 tags was $595k

• Like 1

Awesome bulls.

I have no problem with the auction tags, and would do them if I could afford it.

The one thing I personally would like to see, is that the tag is only good during open hunting seasons, not 365 days a year.

But hey, he didn't make the rules, so good for him. What a fun tag to have, hunt all year.

• Like 1

Met Jay in the field a couple years ago while helping my friend on his early rifle bull hunt. Definitely a nice guy, gave me advice and a ride all while having a client in the immediate area. Wish him the best on his new A3 venture. Obviously off to a great start, those are some amazing bulls. Congrats to all involved

• Like 1

Awesome bulls.

I have no problem with the auction tags, and would do them if I could afford it.

The one thing I personally would like to see, is that the tag is only good during open hunting seasons, not 365 days a year.

But hey, he didn't make the rules, so good for him. What a fun tag to have, hunt all year.

It would not raise nearly the amount for conservation. We have to remember that is what it is all about so I'm all for giving someone the best of the best if they are willing to donate such large amounts to conservation

• Like 2

Can I ask who is A3 Outfitters? Congrats on great bulls. If I had the $ I would do the same............BOB!

Nice bulls if I had that kind of $ I would buy a tag (don't know about two though) where were this beasts killed