coues7

Optics: Swaro 12x50EL's or 15x56

The guy in payson is the same guy who does it for the outdoorsman down here in phoenix. This is the best tripod mount system for the EL's. Outdoorsman's adapter with the stud press fit into the bino's by the guy in Payson. The strap mounts IMO limit the adjustability of the binocular and wear out over time.

+1

The only bino adapter for the ELs worth looking at is the outdoorsman one that others have referenced.

As for the binos. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Comparisons to older model swaros are not true comparisons. Both of the new models have major upgrades in clarity, brightness, ergonomics, etc over the older non swarovision el and non HD SLC. For me the difference in power is why I bought the 15x. All of my buddies that look through them are blown away and these are swaro and leica guys so they know good optics. Either way you will love them.

What glass are you currently using?

• Like 1

I'm currently using 10 X 50 SLC's, 2009 vintage. I love them I just want a little bit more power but hate to not have an around your neck Bino

I have 8's, SLC 10's and 15's and still put down the gut wrenching cash on the 12's. They are awesome the FOV is really amazing which makes them very bright.

I have so many binos because everytime i add a hunter to the crowd i eventually buy a new pair. So my dad and daughters use the others. I am pretty much set on the 12'a now.

I'm currently using 10 X 50 SLC's, 2009 vintage. I love them I just want a little bit more power but hate to not have an around your neck Bino

If you are willing to carry both, I think that 10s around your neck with 15s in the pack for the tripod is an unbeatable combination.

If you are willing to carry both, I think that 10s around your neck with 15s in the pack for the tripod is an unbeatable combination.

+1 I've got SLC HD 10s on my chest an SLC 15s in my pack. I cant imagine selling them for the 12s.

I was tired of carrying both. I went to the 12s and picked up an STS 80HD scope. The 12s are ~the same weight as my SLC 10s were and the scope is 4oz more than the 15s.

• Like 1

I was tired of carrying both. I went to the 12s and picked up an STS 80HD scope. The 12s are ~the same weight as my SLC 10s were and the scope is 4oz more than the 15s.

Exactly what I did after having the 10's & 15's combo for years.

• Like 1

I was torn too. I was thinking that I wouldn't be steady enough to handhold the 12s. Not the case. They are an around your neck bino.

Is it the swarovision that makes a difference or it is the middle ground magnification difference?