scoutm

First Scouting Trip of 2007

Looks like he has some good mass and tine length. Cant wait to see him on the ground with a years growth next year :D

Oh yes very nice. And i also snooped at the other video and WOW what a herd of Bucks that is. Way to go.

Thats a nice looking buck, the butt on that guy looks like a horse ;)

I love seeing bucks like that after the season. Thinking how smart he was, or lucky, to make it through the fall. And then knowing he'll be there next year. I guess some archer might get lucky in the next few days. There was a couple of good bucks I saw the last couple of days in December and I've haven't see anyone out there hunting them in January so they'll be there next year. I haven't seen them the last couple of times I've been out but I'm sure they are still out there, things have just slowed down. I'd still like to keep track of them and maybe find there sheds.

Here is a still pic of him. He was hangin with a doe. Never got more than 25 yards or so away from her. There also was another smaller 3X3 and a spike hangin around but they were careful not to get to close. He sure was a good mature buck with a big ole swollen neck. Dont know if he breaks 100 - if not he is pretty close. Later. CB

post-268-1170021295_thumb.jpg

That is a boomer of a buck for sure. I love the swollen neck. Looks awesome!

Here's some of Sun Devil's footage.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/sco...MOVIE012607.flv

Here's some footage that I took of the smaller 3x3 that was haning around the bigger buck. Still working on finding the best way to film through a spotting scope so forgive me for being a little off.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/sco...007small3x3.flv

CB&L,

Nice buck. Hope you can keep track of him and he doesn't travel too far after the rut. Tough to tell about score . I'm guessing 97. Little weak in the thirds.

Hope you find his sheds and get drawn next year and can ground check him after deflating his lungs with that new Montana.

Doug~RR

unfortunately the clearest pic I got of the big buck was of him looking away. chris.

post-268-1170739135_thumb.jpg

heading out again tomorrow for the weekend. hopefully we will find a big one for next year. chris.