cosninocanines

How Does the Draw really Work.

Do they complete each species or hunt before moving on?

Are all the runs 1-5 made on the 1000's (deer) then move on to the 4000's, 5000's, 6000's etc.

I've been holding out hope that they had not started the 6000 sheep hunts yet.

One more Bonus Point question.

When the top group (usually max points) go through the random draw do they look at all their choices 1 through 5?

Or. Do they only look at their first 2 picks?

I can see that the 20% will be gone quickly but wonder if the max point hunter is guaranteed a hunt.

1-2 choice ran first for all apps. Then another draw stage. Ocassioanl people draw choice 2 even thought choice 1 had left over tags

Here is an email reply I got from AZG&F

"Thank you for your interest in the draw. We do have the process outlined on our website which you can access through this link; http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/BigGameDrawingProcess.shtml

The draw does not do all of one species, then all of another. Once random numbers are assigned to all applications, it takes the application with the lowest random number, fills it if it can, then it goes to the next lowest random number and tries to fill. For example, you have an application in for bighorn sheep, genus number “6”. Your application had a random number of 15521, and I have an application in for deer, genus number “1”, and my random number is 15522. Your application for bighorn sheep will be looked at before mine. Because your random number is lower than mine."

A big Thank You shout out to Kathy Ford at G&F for a quick and accurate reply!

• Like 1

Here is an email reply I got from AZG&F

"Thank you for your interest in the draw. We do have the process outlined on our website which you can access through this link; http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/BigGameDrawingProcess.shtml

The draw does not do all of one species, then all of another. Once random numbers are assigned to all applications, it takes the application with the lowest random number, fills it if it can, then it goes to the next lowest random number and tries to fill. For example, you have an application in for bighorn sheep, genus number “6”. Your application had a random number of 15521, and I have an application in for deer, genus number “1”, and my random number is 15522. Your application for bighorn sheep will be looked at before mine. Because your random number is lower than mine."

A big Thank You shout out to Kathy Ford at G&F for a quick and accurate reply!

This is a bit confusing.......Based on this reply, random numbers are determined from the total number of applications in this entire draw cycle - every species. I thought random numbers were assigned for each species separately based on the number of applications for that species. If 10,000 people put in for sheep, but another 80,000 applied for turkey, javelina, buffalo and deer, there are 90,000 random numbers. A person's sheep application could get number 20,000 even though only 10,000 applied. I might be way off in my thinking.......I was outside working and the heat may have gotten to me.

All I know is I "REALLY" got depressed when I saw no pending charges on my credit card...that's how it works for me.

Thanks for the info though. That is good to know

• Like 1

Application goes in Devils Magic happens and results come out.

• Like 1

ok fine - BUT HOW DOES THE SYSTEM DRAW THE RANDOM NUMBERS

'is it alphabetical ?

how do I get the random # - that's what I want to know

- if its the same system since forever - it will always start the random # draw the same way - since its running the same program

• Like 1