Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Zero stop setting

We are taking my wife's new rem 700 7mm for the first shots tomorrow morning. It has a viper 4-16x50 HS LR dead hold BDC with a zero stop. I am considering setting the zero stop at 200 yards if I have enough shims. Any drawbacks or advantages to doing this?

This just isn't right. My wife was always a better shot then me and now she has this setup. Its just not fair.

I have always had my 700 in 7 Mag sighted in 3" high at 100 yards using a VXll in 4-12 and this has worked very well for 20 years. Last year however Camerland had sale on the Zeiss Conquest with the Rapid Zee reticle so after looking through the same scope for over two decades I decided it was time to upgrade.

The first crosshair is 200 yards and I sighted it in to be 1" high at 200 which worked well on my Coues last year which I shot at 216 yards. This rifle stays in the safe all year and only gets used for hunting. I take it out the week before the hunt a shoot one or two rounds through it to check zero and that's it.

The rifle is fairly heavy so this year my goal is to see if I can lighten it up a bit.