Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Want to trade guns, etc., cash for Solar Pool heating equipment

There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, so and have had excellent help finding things in the past. I am looking to install a solar heater on my office patio roof so I can bring up the water temperature a little in my pool. Curious what others are using, and thought their might be a member in the business. I live in Tucson. Like to barter when I can. Please send me a PM if interested in doing some trading. If you are not in the business but have a system that works great, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Phil

Phil, I have a seen of few 'makeshift' heaters over the years. I did not build them, test them, and only have the word of the homeowner that they even worked. But, one customer had several hundred feet of black irrigation flex tubing that he plumbed into the return side of his pool filter on a 3/4" ball valve and put it up on his roof. He swore by it. If you are interested in some details free feel to send me a message.

Solar blanket...depending on size it they can be pretty cheap. Had one on our 10,000 gallon pool for 1 week and the water is over 90 degrees. no need for a roof system