Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

"Strange" Actions by Hunters

Guest oneshot

I always get a chuckle out of the road hunters in full camo. Always thought they should be wearing saddle blankets or sheepskins to blend in with their pick ups interior.

A good friends brother was killed by a "road-hunter", the guy saw a buck on a field edge and fired one shot, other cars were coming down the paved road, so he drove off. Bullet hit brother high chest, he didnt die right away... Guy came back later to see if the buck was back and was met by the State Police. The guy got PROBATION and loss of hunting/fishing for 5years. So I despise roadhunters!!!!

We get "road-hunters" along our Land in NY, Yup, in full camo. Kinda busy paved road, I can see the old man asshat from Orange Co Choppers homes roof, about 2000yds away on a hill from my stand (I like to drive-by OCC asshats home and blast one of those airhorn dealys, he isnt well liked in the area hehehe)...The Land is posted heavy, folks know we will call DEC/State police, but they still ride up and down the road all day long. From my rifle stand I can see a curving part of the road, and a buddy can see a small area of the road where they turn around for another pass so we can see who is a roadhunter....

We have set out speakers next to the road to "speak' to them, taken photos and spread them around town to shame them, pointed lasers at them, followed them to Town and confronted them and we STILL have the same vehicles riding the roads... A never ending battle to keep them away...

DEC is under-maned and over whelmed during deer season, it may be hours before they respond, local cops wont come unless shots are fired...

Last year while setting up a deer drive for the younger hunters, the truck in front of us pulled into one of our fields, avoiding the posted sign in the center of the field enterance,parking next to a mud-hole, and out jumped a guy and his very young son, both in full camo, and started to "stalk" some does in the corner of the field... My buddy put his bumper against their bumper and pushed their truck into the mud-hole... We hopped out and told him to get his boney butt OFF our Land!!! Told him State Police and a tow-truck were on the way... He got the hint and didnt come back...

I always get a chuckle out of the road hunters in full camo. Always thought they should be wearing saddle blankets or sheepskins to blend in with their pick ups interior.

A good friends brother was killed by a "road-hunter", the guy saw a buck on a field edge and fired one shot, other cars were coming down the paved road, so he drove off. Bullet hit brother high chest, he didnt die right away... Guy came back later to see if the buck was back and was met by the State Police. The guy got PROBATION and loss of hunting/fishing for 5years. So I despise roadhunters!!!!

We get "road-hunters" along our Land in NY, Yup, in full camo. Kinda busy paved road, I can see the old man asshat from Orange Co Choppers homes roof, about 2000yds away on a hill from my stand (I like to drive-by OCC asshats home and blast one of those airhorn dealys, he isnt well liked in the area hehehe)...The Land is posted heavy, folks know we will call DEC/State police, but they still ride up and down the road all day long. From my rifle stand I can see a curving part of the road, and a buddy can see a small area of the road where they turn around for another pass so we can see who is a roadhunter....

We have set out speakers next to the road to "speak' to them, taken photos and spread them around town to shame them, pointed lasers at them, followed them to Town and confronted them and we STILL have the same vehicles riding the roads... A never ending battle to keep them away...

DEC is under-maned and over whelmed during deer season, it may be hours before they respond, local cops wont come unless shots are fired...

Last year while setting up a deer drive for the younger hunters, the truck in front of us pulled into one of our fields, avoiding the posted sign in the center of the field enterance,parking next to a mud-hole, and out jumped a guy and his very young son, both in full camo, and started to "stalk" some does in the corner of the field... My buddy put his bumper against their bumper and pushed their truck into the mud-hole... We hopped out and told him to get his boney butt OFF our Land!!! Told him State Police and a tow-truck were on the way... He got the hint and didnt come back...

Just another reason why I left my home state 35 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I dearly miss NY, NYC and LI. But I got to have my space. The Adirondack Wilderness is incredible as are the marshes of LI and the history of whaleing and the nautical life I lead all through my youth but the winters are harsh and long.