gr8fuldoug

Pentax Gameseeker 6x42 Riflescope

Pentax Gameseeker 6x42 Riflescope

I have been getting some interest from members that they think it is great to give the membership the chance to check out different optics and get involved with doing tests and writing reviews.

With that in mind I thought I would put a Pentax Gameseeker 6x42 into the system.

Who would like to test & review this scope? All we ask is that when you receive the scope you test it out, post a review here in this thread, and then ship it to the next person in line to do the same.

When you are done testing it just contact me and I will give you the ship to info for the next reviewer.

OK, if you are interested in getting involved send me a PM and I will get the rotation set up and ship a scope out today to the first PM. There is no cost other than the expense of shipping the scope on to the next tester. This is your chance to get involved and evaluate gear.

Again, I want to thank all of you in advance for getting involved.

Is this for a magazine, or who is sponsoring the reviews for this equipment?

KP

Is this for a magazine, or who is sponsoring the reviews for this equipment?

KP

This is for this forum. We are putting up the riflescope on the honor system that the people we send it to will do the test/review and then send it on to the next participant. It is a way to get the membership more involved in this forum and to allow the membership to check out some new gear. We have done this on other hunting forums and it seems to be a very popular idea. The best way to really find out about something is to have the people who use it review it.

So, who's interested?

I'm all for it.Just sent Doug my info and I'm looking forward to trying this out.I'm looking for a new,inexpensive,scope before next season.Lets give Doug some good participation fellas.Thanks Doug. :P

I am game as well. Will send you a pm with my information. I think this is a great idea!

:ph34r:

Great idea.

I think a lot of us Would not mind adding a deposit either or maybe even creating a list of test items wanted?

I would be willing to test items against the other equipment that I currently have and others I have had in the past on the range but holding out for a hunt would be pretty unrealistic for me at least.

I'm all for it.Just sent Doug my info and I'm looking forward to trying this out.I'm looking for a new,inexpensive,scope before next season.Lets give Doug some good participation fellas.Thanks Doug. :P

Tony,

I want to thank you in advance for getting involved. I am sending a Pentax 6x42 Gameseeker out to you today. Please post your test/review here on this thread. Contact me after you are done reviewing it and I will PM the next testers ship to information to you.

For those of you that don't know Doug, he is with CameraLand, one of our sponsors. They sell cameras and optics at good prices and provide excellent service. This testing program is another example of how CameraLand values it's customers. Please make sure you give honest reviews and return the equipment according to the simple rules Doug has for this program. I think is a great added feature for members of this forum. Thank you Doug.

Amanda

After comparing the Pentax Gameseeker rifle scope to other models, I would have to say that overall, it is an impressive package for a lower priced scope.

While my preference would be for a variable power model, the fixed power 6x42 scope I reviewed, has a feel of a quality piece and the black matte finish should keep glare and flash in the field to a minimum. the eye relief is good and should keep even a magnum shooter from getting "scope eyed".

I compared the scope for relative brightness and while I felt a variable Leupold was better on the same magnification, The Gameseeker was pretty good. I'd score it a 7 out of 10 for brightness. Compared to a 40mm scope it was comparable brightness but a compared to a 50mm scope it was quite dark, but that is apples and oranges.

Upon initial inspection I thought it had a poor focussed reticle image but after using the focus ring on the rear, and following the directions, it had decent image sharpness. Once you set the focus you can probably forget it as the ring turns firmly and should hold position.

The scope features nitrogen charged coated optics and the Pentax Worry free guarantee so how can a guy go wrong?

The reticle design was linear ranging. This feature adds another nice touch allowing for easy adjustments on shot placement for longer range shooting.

With any scope, range use, field use and owner confidence will be the ultimate decider on satisfaction. Most serious hunters will pay more for a good scope and select a well known brand name so as not to take any chances on missing a shot due to questionable optics. For a lower end scope though, I think this Pentax Gameseeker model looks like a good product with a good name and casual hunters should be pleased with the overall package.

Thanks for the chance to review the scope Doug