Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

Hunt #3085 limited opp. Antlerless- combine efforts

So I drew my first Arizona elk tag as I successfully drew a 3085 limited opportunity antlerless tag. I am new to this area and have made my first "look-see" jaunts into the units last week.

I do not have a hunting partner around here and I would like to combine efforts with another hunter who has the same tag. I am going to be scouting all summer and fall. We could do some scouting trips together and share reports from other scouting trips.

Then when the time comes, we could combine our efforts in filling tags and packing out.

Anyways, if any 3085 tag holders are interested in combining efforts, pm me and we can talk.

Thanks

Scott

3085 starts 11/07/14 and ends 12/11/14. That is 5 weeks. I hope to draw a deer tag in the same area. The tag is for units 17A, 17B, 18B, 19B, 20A and 20C. It's a large area with a small number of elk. It's an antlerless hunt so it's purely for the meat and the fun. Mostly the fun.

I was thinking of flying the unit for my antelope hunt. Would you be up for sharing a pilot and fuel? I know a guy . . .

There are a fair amount of elk in this hunt area. But it is also a lot of country for them to hide. The biggest herd I have seen in the area was 6, most of the time it is either a lone bull or a cow with her calf. If you find track stick to the area even if it is only one or 2 sets. Good luck my brothers and I filled 4 out of the last 5 tags we have had on this hunt.