Sign in to follow this  
rcdinaz

6mm/284 take-off parts ($150)

Checking for interest.

Douglas #5 barrel (about 700 shots down the tube)

Redding 6/284 full length die set

I just removed a 6-284 barrel from a remington action. I dont have any pics because everything is still up at my place in Pinetop. I am estimating the shot count, the original owner told me about 500 and I have only put ~200 more through it. The barrel has the lug still attached. The gun still shot great so I believe the barrel has plenty of life. I did not compete or go out and shoot any really long strings with this gun and it wasn't used with a bunch of heavy max loads, no barrel burner type activities.

If someone is interested in giving the round a try I will throw in a few boxes of different 6mm varmint bullets (nosler, sierra, hornady)

The die set alone costs $150 since it is not a standard caliber. I am putting this out there to see if anyone wants to try the caliber. It is an awesome javalina rifle, 243 on steroids! I have taken both javi and Coues with the rifle.

We are turning the action into a 6.5/284 for my daughters so I wont be using these die/barrel anymore.

okay, PM me your info and I will get in contact this week. I am in no hurry let me know when you want to pick everything up. Probably dont want to ship it is oversize on the barrel and last time I went to UPS it was silly expensive.

When I went to check I have the die. I thought I took them to PT but at some point I put them back in their box. They still have the original paperwork and the sticker.

Here are a couple of pics...

Hornady bullets have ~20 std & `30 of the moly coated, the sierra's have ~75 bullets.

post-5700-0-05192500-1398025354.jpg

post-5700-0-42745000-1398025367.jpg

will do!