Sign in to follow this  
ciomber

7 east early archery tag

Excited to hunt elk in september, finally drew a tag! Wondering what people think about the peaks area vs. the rest of the unit? Should I focus up high for this hunt? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Congrates !!! I actually have 3 tags for the same hunt. My dad , good friend and I have the bull tag as well. I haven't hunted there in 6 years. I got my cow elk in 7E there been putting in for bull ever since. This year I was lucky..

Yea, I have no idea ether what I might do. But I'm pumped to go do some hiking and glassing around this year and chase some mule deer in august just before the hunt.

It should be fun, definetley gonna have to hit the gym a lot more, altitude kicks butts! good luck to you Dude.

Oh I know!! I've been working out everyday myself.. need to make some trips to go hike that mountian , get use to hiking at that altitude. I remember hunting up there years ago when I was yougher and seeing some monster mule deer there but that has been over 10 years now ha.. But really pumped none the less!!!

Good luck to you as well sir, hope you get on some nice bulls and have tons of fun while doing it!! I know I'll have a good time with the company I have coming with me this season should be awesome. Hope we get some rain up there this summer as well!!

I would avoid pine trees. That should be enough info to get you pointed in the right direction

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it, I cant wait to get up there and scout, nothing motivates like a tag for the rut.

I would avoid pine trees. That should be enough info to get you pointed in the right direction