azphil

Good news- bad news?

Good news- drawn 6A archery bull

Bad news- my tag # is 666?

Should I be afraid? LOL!

What is more frightening? The devils number or the fact that there are 666 + tags.

• Like 10

Funny, I drew tag 187 and I'm thinking an archery elk homicide is in the making.

Regardless of the 666 you are elk hunting and that's good news!

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Good news- drawn 6A archery bull

Bad news- my tag # is 666?

Should I be afraid? LOL!

only if you get a 6x6 on the 13th.

lol

• Like 2

When looking at the number of tags in 6A I refused to be a part of that "party"... I've hunted 6A several times with my kid's junior tags, and it's a big unit and all, but I can't imagine finding an area or a bull for that matter that's screaming at the world that doesn't have several other archers trying to sneak in on it at the same time.

I guess now for many that would be awesome, but for myself I get to hunt so most is good from here, except that my two "junior" hunters went without a tag again this year.

Here's one for you... I have tag No. 5, my son has tag No. 6, and my brother has tag No. 4, all for the same hunt, all applied separately.

Try to tell me the odds of that... I guess the "hunting gods" wanted us all to hunt together!

I saw maybe 5 other guys in the entire 2 weeks while out in the woods in 6a last year. And 2 were a father and son sitting stands 50 yards apart. Don't worry to much about the number of tags just get off the road and you will be good. Now tag #666 that cannot be good!! But someone had to have it!

We'll see if Stumpsitter can pull off his own birthday present bull on opening day

I hunted with 2 buddies last year that had early archery tags for 6a we saw a lot of camps, but out of the 5 days I was with them we saw 2 hunters in the field.

Use to hunt there alot in the early 90's had like 600 bull tags never did run into alot of hunters. Those elk are so use to people all year that they know how to move around them.