Sign in to follow this  
Bitter24

Antlerless unit 8 late questions

Hey,

So my girl drew a late season unit 8 anterless tag, long shot but thought Id ask if any wants to share some info about that unit? Im going to start heading up there come early fall until the hunt during weekends to learn lay of land and scout. Though thought I might as well ask, no worries and not asking for honey holes, I got 3/4 of a year to scout anyways. You can post openly, PM or email me if you want.

Thanks for any input/advice.

Hope you guys got lucky on the draw still waiting for my tag maybe next year, though doubt it lol.

Bitter

8 is a great late unit - just for the fact that the roads are almost always maintained,right up to the winter closures and even then the main roads will be open and you have great access to some good winter range.

late hunts can really depend on the snow fall in and around bill Williams

good luck

Feel free to PM me. Great unit. Elk from the aspen mountains to the cacti and sagebrush high desert. did she draw the late archery or rifle??

Elkaholic, thanks its her first elk hunt so hopefully we can make it a good one, though no matter what it will be a fun time.

HUNTnTAT2, I will def PM you when, just leaving the house to go check trail cams. She drew the late rifle tag