Workman

Kuiu icon 5200 and 7200 on sale!

Workman

I don't know if I like that with the barrel pointing upwards, seems like you would get dirt and debris down the barrel and it looks like you have your rifle cinched down so it wouldn't be easily accessible. Very nice pack though but I don't think that setup would work for me.

/>Workman

I don't know if I like that with the barrel pointing upwards, seems like you would get dirt and debris down the barrel and it looks like you have your rifle cinched down so it wouldn't be easily accessible. Very nice pack though but I don't think that setup would work for me.

True, debris could get down the barrel if you didn't cap it. Every pack I have the barrel is up when it's strapped on so I'm use to running a rubber cap on the end of my rifles while I'm packing in or out of a spot. I'd sure hate to be the idiot and have my barrel packed with junk and then pull the trigger on something and end up with a "custom barrel" or a lot worse if you know what I mean!

Yes it takes a little bit to get it out, but in the middle of a hike, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was standing inside of it anyways.

• Like 2

/>

Just arrived about an hour ago. Pretty happy with it so far, I'm gonna load it down and go shed hunting this weekend to try it out.

Does it have a rifle scabbard? What camo is that?

/>

Just arrived about an hour ago. Pretty happy with it so far, I'm gonna load it down and go shed hunting this weekend to try it out.

They do have a rifle holder, and a bow holder, but it's still barrel up. Nothing a lil piece of electrical tape won't fix

/>

/>Workman

True, debris could get down the barrel if you didn't cap it. Every pack I have the barrel is up when it's strapped on so I'm use to running a rubber cap on the end of my rifles while I'm packing in or out of a spot. I'd sure hate to be the idiot and have my barrel packed with junk and then pull the trigger on something and end up with a "custom barrel" or a lot worse if you know what I mean!

Yes it takes a little bit to get it out, but in the middle of a hike, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was standing inside of it anyways.

...good one sir...

Haha

/>

/>

/>

/>

They do have a rifle holder, and a bow holder, but it's still barrel up. Nothing a lil piece of electrical tape won't fix

I ordered each, the bow and rifle holder. They were on backorder though so no telling when they will be here. They say one handed release of your rifle with it. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I'm in the same boat, but if i know Kuiu, it'll be well thought out.

• Like 1

I am really in debate on which pack to get, Seems that kuiu is the cheaper of the high end packs, but they also have (by far) more horror stories than any other high end pack. I thought this would be fixed on their newer frames, but I have had a few buddies that have snapped the newer ones. Makes me nervous. I know kuiu gets you a new frame ASAP, but if it breaks in the middle of a pack out, I am SOL.

Have any of you had your kuiu frames snap yet? I am really starting to drink the "outdoorsman" and "Kifaru" kool-aid. CONFUSED :wacko:

was on the endless struggle of what bag and was between the stone glacier and exo mountian hunting bag. I ended up ordering the EXO, best bang for weight and dollar. Kuiu just seemed to still be experimenting as they have changed their bag/frame concept too many times. I like their weights but long term, who knows.

/>

Kuiu just seemed to still be experimenting as they have changed their bag/frame concept too many times. I like their weights but long term, who knows.

^^ this. I own Kuiu clothing and have used the Icon pack since it came out and it works for me, however I completely agree with this statement for those looking at investing in their newest products. They now have packs that 'compete' against each other (Ultra 1800 vs Icon 1850) meaning they'll likely discontinue whichever pack doesn't sell.

Kuiu never stops trying to make the absolute best ultra light gear. They will always look to improve, even if that means making their own products obsolete in the process. Doesnt mean they'll turn their backs on older products and doesn't mean what you buy today won't be an amazing product for the next 10 years. Just my .02.

• Like 2