Sign in to follow this  
mmtx10

Zeiss Conquest or Bushnell Elite 6500????

I can't make up my mind on which scope to buy

Will be sitting on a custom 260 rem and mainly used for deer

Would like something to allow a shot out to 500 yards if I wanted.

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about either scope?

Even though Bushnell has made strides with the quality of their products, Zeiss is a premium opitics maker, Bushnell isn't.

This isnt a fair comparison, if you've got the funds, Zeiss all the way.

• Like 1

/>

Zeiss, without a doubt, best scope for clarity that I have used, will beat anything Bushnell puts out on the market.

And very lightweight!

Even though Bushnell has made strides with the quality of their products, Zeiss is a premium opitics maker, Bushnell isn't.

This isnt a fair comparison, if you've got the funds, Zeiss all the way.

... This

Ok thanks for y'all's opinions.

The only thing that keeps me hung up on the bushnell is that I can get it for 60 percent off. So the $1200 elite would be $485. Kinda hard to pass that up if the scope is at all decent.

unfortunately I do not think you are talking apples to apples.

I have a top of the line Nikon scope and it is not in the same class as the Conquests.

I've had a couple bushnell 6500's. they were the first one to have a 6.5x zoom back in the day so I was all over it for my coyote AR's as I thought a 2.5-15 would be the ultimate in close or way out calling rifle scope. It is, but not in a bushnell! They are fairly clear, adjustments seem to track, but there's the most awful edge distortion I've ever seen on those scopes. Don't be fooled, you aren't getting a $1200 scope for $485. You're getting a $200 scope for $485. Go with the zeiss all the way. I own 5 of em and love them.

Go to cameralandny.com and pick up a discontinued zeiss conquest. Great deals on remaining stock!!! Only con to the Zeiss is the lack of MOA adjustment for elevation on the 6.5-20. I suggest if you plan on shooting over 600 yards, picking up a 20 moa base as well. Even tho, you may never shoot at an animal that far, it is still good to practice farther than you will actually shoot. IMO Zeiss conquest scopes are by far the best bang for your buck scopes out there. They blow any bushnell or any Vortex, (minus the razor series) out of the water.

I've had a couple bushnell 6500's. they were the first one to have a 6.5x zoom back in the day so I was all over it for my coyote AR's as I thought a 2.5-15 would be the ultimate in close or way out calling rifle scope. It is, but not in a bushnell! They are fairly clear, adjustments seem to track, but there's the most awful edge distortion I've ever seen on those scopes. Don't be fooled, you aren't getting a $1200 scope for $485. You're getting a $200 scope for $485. Go with the zeiss all the way. I own 5 of em and love them.

Same thing I remember. The full magnification is basically useless due to the distortion mentioned.

The one thing I did not seen mentioned is they are heavy as heck also. On the other hand the Zeiss tend to be light for their class. I am guessing you could save almost a pound using the Zeiss and get better glass. Just pick a Z reticle you like and you should be good to out to 500 with out much fussing after some practice.

Yup, Zeiss 6.5-20 conquest with the target turrets. Only con is the 1" tube and low MOA adjustment. When I had one on my 300WM it adjusted to 1150 off a 200yd zero with a 20 minute base. Your .260 should do that. Call me if you have any questions about it.

Let's see the gun it's going on!!! Be wanting a 260 for a while now!