Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

$200-300 Bino's

I am in the market for a new set of binoculars. I am looking for a pair in the 8x42-10x50 area and my budget is $200-300. I went and checked out the Vortex Diamondback 8x42 & 10x42's this weekend and compared them against a set of Nikon Monarch 10x42's. I honestly liked the 8x42 Vortex Diamondbacks the best. Are there any other brands in this price range I should be considering or looking at?

I am looking for a decent pair of bino's for glassing and general use for scouting and hunting. I have never had a nice pair of bino's so this will be a nice upgrade no matter what I choose.

Any other products I should be looking at?

Go with the Vortex, great glass and an awesome warranty. Heck, see if you can find an old pair of vortex and send them in for a replacement!

No experience with the Zeiss, but my first pair of "real" binoculars were Vortex Diamondback 10x50 and they were great. I've since upgraded, but for the money they're tough to beat.

I have an old pair of Zeiss 15's. they are 30 years old and still finding deer. Great glass, but not cheap.

I agree. The Minox is really good glass especially at that price. If you are in the west valley, let me know if you want to look through a pair. I have the 8x42s.

The Zeiss terras were very disappointing. Even considering the price tag I expected more from Zeiss. I recommend zen ray's for that price. Minox is tough to beat for the price also but I was in the same market as you a few years back and I went with the zen rays. You have to buy them online but their warranty is great and the glass is the best in the price class hands down. Swift and vanguard were glass I considered also but ended up going with the zen rays.

what's the big hurry, save money for a few more months and get a better pair, Vipers, Razors, Leupold Gold Rings, etc. Better to wait and buy one pair you will be happy with for a long time than upgrade every 3 to 5 years. Cheaper in the long run too, I know, I have given away several pairs of 'these will do for now" glass.

• Like 1

what's the big hurry, save money for a few more months and get a better pair, Vipers, Razors, Leupold Gold Rings, etc. Better to wait and buy one pair you will be happy with for a long time than upgrade every 3 to 5 years. Cheaper in the long run too, I know, I have given away several pairs of 'these will do for now" glass.

Buy nice or buy twice. Start saving your money, Zeiss has some 15x56 HD's coming out in April for $1500-$1600. I've already started saving, hopefully I'll have a pair around my neck come October...

I have 2 sets of Pentax, an 8x42, and 12.5x50. I don't think you could find new ones in your price range, but you could come close with used or factory refurbished. They are very good optics for what I paid for them.

forepaw

ziess makes apair of binios for under $300.00? they can't be reall ziess glass. i bought my classics for $699.00 when cabala's were blowing them out when the new conquests came out.. my rich cousin just bought the ziess 20x60 hd image stabelizing for $6200.00 they are unreal , don't even need a tripod

• Like 1

ziess makes apair of binios for under $300.00? they can't be reall ziess glass. i bought my classics for $699.00 when cabala's were blowing them out when the new conquests came out.. my rich cousin just bought the ziess 20x60 hd image stabelizing for $6200.00 they are unreal , don't even need a tripod

Those 20 by's are the ultimate dream, but I'd hate them climbing up the hills in the am...

For now the Bino budget will have to stay in this area. I have other things that also need money invested that are pressing as well for this hobby and other hobbies.

I saw a pair of Minox at Sportsmans as well I believe but didn't look through them because I didn't know much about them. I have to take a peak through them when I go back.