Sign in to follow this  
azcoueshuntr

Mathews blows up Again 2nd time this year

I shoot a helium and have not had a problem yet.I bought mine in 2012. what is Mathews saying to you about it.

The 1st time they said it was just defective but it's in the exact same spot as last time shoting 70lbs and 400 gr. arrows timing and everything was good limb bolts backed out 1 whole turn so I'm stumped 2nd set in less then 6 months

Man that's a bummer sorry that happen to you. I have never heard of this before. I'd be pissed as well I have never had any problems with any of my Mathews I had a Switchback XT and currently a Reezen 7.0. I also Haven't had any problems with my Bowtechs I currently have the Destroyer 340. I hope that they will replace the bow for you. Keep us posted on their customer service...And good luck!

Hey guys first time posting. love the site but need to start posting stuff and chating a bit more. But I have a 07 or so switchback xt love it only had one problem .That was when I shot a arrow with a cracked nock didnt know it was cracked before i shot and it throw my string off the bottom cam and crack the bottom limb in the center. But I still shot my bow for oh 6 months, with out even noticing it at first, and my bows at its max poundage like 71 or so pounds. Then took it over to ROSS outdoors and they called up Mathews and since I'm the only one that's owned the bow they sent ROSS a new set of limps for FREE. A little more updated from my last limbs on it since this happend in about 2010 or so. But after that not a single problem since the replacement!

That's a real bummer though man.. sorry to hear still hope you have a spare bow to get after those rutting deer or those pigs!!

Good luck to everyone out there hope they get into some action!!!

I have the Helium with no problems. I would see if they would take the whole set up and check it out. May be something out of the ordinary creating the problem. I am positive they will stand behind it and take care of you.

Will K.

What arrows are you shooting and what spine are they?

You may be shooting enough weight, but with an underspined arrow it can hurt the bow.

Send the whole bow back, I am sure they will replace. There must be something that is causing it to happen. I haven't heard of this problem yet. I love Mathews, I've been shooting them since I was a kid (Ultra-Light). Sorry to hear about your problem, hopefully they will just send you a new Creed... :)

It could be anything from a bent axil, to a bushing snapped or the wrong arrow spine, 400 grains seems pretty light for 70 pounds. Im assuming you have a long draw as well. I shoot a PSE X-Force, so I cant say too much about Mathews. But I have a lot of friends that shoot them and they have nothing but good things to say. They will stand behind there product...there just some thing small that is wrong.

Good Luck,

Mark

• Like 1