Sign in to follow this  
rezmedic

Sportsmans Mesa Optics Counter SUCKS !!!!!

I've bought both from Sportmans in Mesa optic counter (just a month ago) and also from Outdoorsman.

I had great service at both places. Outdoorsman let me try 3 different binos outside on tripods which was very helpful. Sportsmans also was helpful when helping me pick out binos for my son for Christmas.

• Like 1

/>

Yeah I wouldn't rely on what Sportmans knowledge of trying to help you make up your mind in spending that kind of cash. They really don't go through any training, and most folks down there don't get out in the feild let alone make enough money to buy the equipment in that price range. Just sayin if your going to spend that kinda cash make sure you have a good reference for someone that actually knows what they are talking about.

haha you have no idea what you are talking about

I stand corrected, they do go through a 3.5 training. My apologies

Call Doug at Cameraland in NY. He can answer any of your questions. He has helped me with both optics and cameras.

+1 on Gila outdoors. Those guys eat, live and breathe this stuff. A lot of knowledge. I've never looked through the 12's. I am afraid to. I love my 15's and I can't really afford both. I could see how the 12's would be more versatile. Good luck! It's kinda like deciding between the filet and the ribeye though.

FYI - my husband has 15's and I have 10's. He has taken over using my 10s when I'm not there. He likes mine a lot better because of the larger field of view. He said he has has picked up way more animals glassing with my 10s than his 15s.

He's not wanting to spend the money this season, but next season he will have 10s he said.

• Like 1

12's kinda bridge the gap if you want only one set of binos I think. I use 10's for general glassing and 15's to pick things apart. 12's let you do a bit of both. Hard decision ... but if you are concerned about weight and what you carry it makes it easier. I don't consider that as much 'cause I'm STOOPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On the Sportsman's thing ... I have had decent conversations with those guys, but if you want to go into a store in the Phoenix area and get in depth information you have to go to Outdoorsman's. I'd agree with the post above that says to call Doug at Cameraland ... only issue there is not being able to look through them, but you could talk to him, go to a store and look through your choices and then buy through him. His prices are very good.

i like how you bash on the sportsmans guys when its your money, they are trained to push Vortex because of many reasons. I find it sooooo funny that you are gonna take some elses word for it when its your $2700!!! like why dont you do your own research and get it yourself instead of crying on a website. i wouldnt rely on someone elses opinon when 2700 is on the line

• Like 1

/>

Yeah I wouldn't rely on what Sportmans knowledge of trying to help you make up your mind in spending that kind of cash. They really don't go through any training, and most folks down there don't get out in the feild let alone make enough money to buy the equipment in that price range. Just sayin if your going to spend that kinda cash make sure you have a good reference for someone that actually knows what they are talking about.

i know a kid that works there,two kids actually who both own swarovskis and are in the field 3-4 days a week. but hey i guess they dont know what they are talking about ..

/>

/>

i know a kid that works there,two kids actually who both own swarovskis and are in the field 3-4 days a week. but hey i guess they dont know what they are talking about ..
I stand corrected again, looks like they have hired some great guys working down there.

Hopefully they work at the optics counter?

/>

/>

I stand corrected again, looks like they have hired some great guys working down there.

yes they do actually they are the youngest ones there, and have killed alot of big game already. alot...

/>

/>

yes they do actually they are the youngest ones there, and have killed alot of big game already. alot...

I think this guy might have got his feeling hurt?

• Like 1

No worries, I see where I came off a little harsh, my bad never meant to upset anyone.

• Like 1

I've delt with the younger guy and the older lady at the optics counter. Helped me out quite a bit. But yes they all do push vortex. But why wouldn't they. Great glass for the $$

• Like 1

And just to be fair I have delt with complete morons there as well. Depends on what day it is.

• Like 1