Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

Took a little bit

To track down the ahole that shot my dads elk lying in its death bed opening morning but we found you. My dad was getting his hair cut with his barber that he has been going to for over thirty years and telling him about his elk hunt in 6a. Low and behold the barber's son was the ahole that claimed my dads elk. The barber said the story his son told him made no sense and that he was a horrible shot. Made me feel a little better knowing that it took them 2 days to get the elk out. Also the dad was going to have a serious conversation with his son.

Short story was my dad shot the elk and was tracking for over a mile. Heard two shots about a quarter mile in front of the blood trail. That was the barber's son shooting and missing. Pushing the bull from one death bed about 200 yards to his final resting place. We Saw the bull in its death bed and were walking to it when they shot right next to us putting the bull down from about 30 yards. He tagged the elk without any conversation.

On that note have a merry xmas cwt family.

Guest akaspecials

I've always been taught to put a wounded animal out of his misery and tag it, even if it wasn't the one you wanted. From what you wrote, looks like someone made a bad shot and someone else came in and cleaned up the mess. They may have shot it for themselves instead of to put it out of it's misery, but still, the person that kills the animal gets to tag it. Am I missing something? Did you guys talk to him in the field if you were that close?

Conversation was short. They didn't think it was wounded when they shot it. Problem was we had hunters that kept jumping a bull that had both lungs blown out. Trust me I hate seeing any animal suffer and have had to tag an elk that was not mine but this encounter was different. They didn't care to listen and this bull was not worth any trouble.

Never say don't with elk.

Wasnt trying to start anything just thought it was ironic that his dad has been cutting my dads hair for 30 years. This bull was nothing special just an interesting encounter in gods fine country.

Over a mile with two blown out lungs? Was it a terminator elk?

• Like 3

We all make choices. If i see a wounded bull and nobody around, I'm shooting it. If it's got an extra hole in it and you show up, I'll help you work it up and pack it out.

Sorry things went south for your pops 6A.