Sign in to follow this  
cmbbulldog

Help in 21

I have a buddy who came down to hunt from CA... we got into a decent amount of deer in 21 last year, but he is out there right now and is not even finding sign where we saw deer then. I dont really have much experience with the unit, except for last year, and he is in the field right now asking for some assistance. I sent him to a couple places on the map that looks half way decent... but if anyone has a starting point or 2 that could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I know he is concentrating off south side of the bloody basin right now.

Normally I would jump right and help in but I have buddies in the unit too and I heard it's been a zoo. He's got his work cut out if he isn't on deer already.

I gave him a couple different areas to try off the game and fish website. Those are usually decent starting points.

Appreciate any other advice. Thanks.

Where did you send him last year?

We took a road south off the bloody basin road a few miles and got into quite a bit deer, but apparently not even tracks this year.

Check out the washes that feed into the Verde river near sheeps crossing. The road is rough and he will have to hike alot, but there are some big fellers in there. If he wants whitetails then the area north of bloody basin east to the verde under pine mountain is a good place to look. Again alot of hiking due to limited road access but less hunters and more animals. Hope he is in shape, I lost 15 pound on my hunt out there last year