Sign in to follow this  
125coues

NWTF 2014 convention

Just wondering if anyone from CWT will be going to the convention

My wife and I and a good friend of ours will be attending

I wish I was going. I went two years ago and had a blast. I will be sending 3 of my calls to the convention. If you get a chance take a look if you can find them. There will be one slate, one crystal and one copper. My strikers will be the easiest way to find them, they will have corn cob inserts between the wood. I don’t know what your plans are but here are a few suggestions for your trip. If Ronnie “Cuz” Strikland is doing a seminar at the convention check it out. It was by far the best when we went. Go to the opry one night you are there. It is right next door and we saw some great groups when we went. If you are looking to get away from the convention and get some great food try Martin’s BBQ or the Loveless Café. If you want entertainment with your meal go to the Blue Bird café but you will need reservations because it is a small popular place.

Have a great trip.

Ammon

thanks for the info on things to do while there.Funny you mention Cuz Strikland because I have hunted with him a while back in Alabama when Mossy Oak was duing there Super Hunts .He was my camera man on one of the hunts I was on and since we were not seeing any deer and hearing alot of turkeys we went to film them.That man has some great stories.Are your calls going to be for sale are in one of the contest.Thanks again for the call you gave melast year on my Goulds hunt it worked great.

Mark

The calls I am sending will be entered into the national call making contest. They are judged on Thursday night and Friday morning. Friday when they open the show floor with all the vendors all the calls that were entered will be available in one of the back rooms on silent auction. There are hundreds of calls from all over the country in various different categories. With so many calls for sale it is a great place to pick up some great calls for not much money. A few of the winning calls will be sold at a live auction at one of the evening diners.