Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Any regrets?

worst regrets over rifles sold, lost, otherwise departed.

will be miserable rest of days for selling that 1927 M99 takedown 250/3000 with a marbles target tang sight.

and the first two mauser 98's i built-a .270 i sold and a .257 roberts/1909 argentine stolen back in '98.

the M99 didn't shoot well(modern bullets) but the mausers would do jackrabbits at 500yds all day long.

lee

Traded the first rifle I ever had, which was a birthday present from my parents, for my little brothers first rifle. Didn't care for the gun (all original Savage 99e .308), but the fact it was given to me by them is why I regret getting rid of it.

remington 700 adl in 243. it was an early model with an aluminum butt plate. it was a tack driver. young and dumb. thought I needed a "bigger" caliber. sold it to buy a 7mm rem mag. oh well.

I regret in my younger years selling my Marlin 25MN .22mag. I was so good with that rifle I could put holes in empty .22mag brass at 50 yards every time! Traded it for a single shot slug gun for some reason, then sold the stupid slug gun for some beer money. I saved up enough to buy another Marlin 25MN a year later, and then ended up selling that one for beer money too. They don't make them anymore so I'm out of luck. I saw one at the range last year and just stood there watching the guy shoot it. I regret not having that rifle anymore- I'm older and wiser now and I take the advice of an old guy who once told me "NEVER sell your guns or your tuxedo, 'cause you never know when you're gonna wish you still had either one in your closet".

Remington model 700, 257 Roberts stolen back in 2002. Myself, my dad, my uncle, and my aunt all killed our first deer with that rifle along with multiple other animals by many family members. Wish I would have left it loaded for the theif to accidentally shoot themselves.

• Like 1

I have only sold one rifle ever, Ruger model 77 in 7mm Remington mag. No regrets though it was a three shot wonder and then everywhere. Bought a #1 in the same caliber and never looked back.

Sold a weatherby mark v accumark 30-378 with zeiss conquest scope , i hated paying for the ammo/ reloading but that was a sexy gun that was fun to shoot

I regret that I still have every gun I've ever owned...and it's not enough! :D Still need a bigger cabinet before I can add to the collection...don't get me wrong, most of them are sentimental single shots that have been in the family for years. I'll never get rid of most of them though.

• Like 1