Sign in to follow this  
Rharris

New Mexico Youth Hunt

Well my son kade was finally able to connect on one of New Mexico's fine mule deer bucks. We hunted this area for the last two consecutive years alway seeing some great bucks but just not being able to bring it all together. Last year he was only able to hunt 1 1/2 days due to highschool basketball only two end up not palying due to knee problems. This year he decided to focus on the hunt knowing his odds as a non-resident to draw this tag again were pretty slim.

We scouted our favorite mule deer area and found numerous bucks (some coues) but know real brusiers laike we had seen in the past. Opening morning found us walking into our glassing hill about 1 hour before daylight. We glassed up six bucks two of which were four points.

Kade harvested this buck with his 7mm-08, handloaded 140gr nosler partitions. My younest son Toby (7) was with us as well despite a horrendous cough. He was not going to miss out on his brothers hunt. It took two long pack trips to get this deer back to our vehicles and Toby made each and every trip.

Congratulations Kade! Now lets get our Arizona Coues!

Congrats to your son, awesome ;)

Any pics?

post-92-1162158194_thumb.jpg

Well my son kade was finally able to connect on one of New Mexico's fine mule deer bucks. We hunted this area for the last two consecutive years alway seeing some great bucks but just not being able to bring it all together. Last year he was only able to hunt 1 1/2 days due to highschool basketball only two end up not palying due to knee problems. This year he decided to focus on the hunt knowing his odds as a non-resident to draw this tag again were pretty slim.

We scouted our favorite mule deer area and found numerous bucks (some coues) but know real brusiers laike we had seen in the past. Opening morning found us walking into our glassing hill about 1 hour before daylight. We glassed up six bucks two of which were four points.

Kade harvested this buck with his 7mm-08, handloaded 140gr nosler partitions. My younest son Toby (7) was with us as well despite a horrendous cough. He was not going to miss out on his brothers hunt. It took two long pack trips to get this deer back to our vehicles and Toby made each and every trip.

Wow :o great buck, one to be very proud of. Good job Dad ;)

Awesome! Hope you get a coues too!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,

Hopefully I will get to meet you on your hunt. Scott and I know each other and I hope to squeeze in some time to visit/help on your upcoming hunt.

Way to go Kade. Dad you must be proud. I hope my son can have the same experience in two weeks.

Redman