Just over two weeks to go. Went scouting last weekend. Saw a doe and a spike. Really windy but found some really nice spots. I'm planning on heading back up this weekend too and glassing more towards the top of the pinals. Who else has this hunt?

My brother has the November 1st hunt and I have the November 29th hunt. Hoping to get up there this Sunday to look at a spot I have never hunted.

I have the Nov 1st hunt. This will be my first time hunting this unit, but I feel up to the challenge. Good luck to all!

• Like 1

Anybody ever been up and over the mountain from globe? I've been going all the way around to dripping springs And there just has to be a shorter way

• Like 1

You can go over the top through six shooter canyon or

Turn at Hudys cook house.

Sorry thats Judy cook house.

Anybody ever been up and over the mountain from globe? I've been going all the way around to dripping springs And there just has to be a shorter way

You can take the main dirt road up and over. It's a pretty decent dirt road with some amazing views when you are on the back side. It's shorter, but not necessarily faster than going around to dripping springs....just depends on exactly which part of the mtn you are wanting to hunt.

The main dirt road is near the hospital? I've looked around on google maps and that looks like the best road heading to the mountain.

Got the November 1st hunt. I hate to admit this since it shows my age but, haven't hunted that unit for over 35 years. Looking forward to getting back some memories.

yes, the road that goes up Russell gulch is the main road. Once you get to the part where you can see the south side of the mtn, you can either drop south to dripping springs or head east toward signal peak (top of mtn). The dirt road that drops to Drippings springs can be a little hard to see, but once you can see the view of all the mtns on the south side, look for a dirt road that takes off to the south.